Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

I can’t remember if it was Willie or Eddie but I remember being told about whichever ones exploits training a club in south Tipp around 15 years ago. After a few weeks the team came to the full realisation they were dealing with an ignoramous and at nothing.

When a dialogue was opened by the executive with Willie/Eddie his response was incredulous as he told them he had x amount of all Ireland medals and who were they to question him.

2 Likes

@Mullach_Ide 's crowd

1 Like

Was it Willie or Eddie?

Eddie, he was probably still a better hurler than most of the lads he was training.

3 Likes

He still got a nice holiday for his 8teammates,in fairness to him.
A prime example of “taking one for the team”

1993 was a different landscape to now as well you know.

Yeah,if youre not from Kilkenny Id see how he would rub people up the wrong way but for me,he was ultra committed,Kilkenny to the core and wouldnt give a fiddlers fuck what anyones opinion would be.And rightfully so.

That’s hardly the squad? :flushed::flushed::flushed:

Great to see Seamus Hickey back

1 Like

Barry Murphy in at 26 , no Lynch.

Ye knew that all week.

No lynch .No party

Cody probably still sends the Kilkenny team to the journalists via telegram so we could be waiting a while

It was a good run

Best of luck to all my Limerick e-pals making the trip up this weekend. Cc @BruidheanChaorthainn @TreatyStones @iron_mike @Batigol @dodgy_keeper

As a heads up, I was talking to Peter from Ryan’s last week and he was saying he has given his staff permission to fuck ice cubes at any Limerick’s misbehaving over the weekend so mind yerselves.

6 Likes

Has any team ever won an All Ireland without the current player of the year? We are fucked

Peter is a sound man

1 Like

We’ll do it without him.

1 Like

We’ll do it for him

2 Likes

Murphy
Butler
Lawlor
Walsh
Carey
Reid