Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

This final is a poison chalice for any referee.

You can be very defensive mate. Why don’t you just read the post for what it is and comment on the content.

For what it’s worth I tend to agree with @Gman and for me that’s what has played out in the championship so far.

2 Likes

As a general point, you are probably correct about the differences between the provinces. But I do think that both games between Limerick & Clare were not free-flowing at all. You have probably picked out the one instance in the game where it happened in the Munster Final; generally both teams struggled to get shots away in space.

Both defences were well on top.

2 Likes

It reeks of desperately trying to shoehorn Wexford into some bit of relevance.

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WOD & DOD have about 4 inches and 3 stone each on Conor Browne and Cian Kenny, its Heavy Weight v Bantom Weight in that dept.

I agree. @Gman, the sly fox, picked practically the one passage of play in game that otherwise was played at a ferocious tempo and with hardly any space to breathe. I mentioned post Sunday’s game that Limerick didn’t seem to have same energy levels. A load of Galway players were receiving ball in space in the middle third at various stages - Monaghan, Glennon, C Mannion, D Burke etc.

KK actually got caught out by Clare on a couple of occasions like this. Eibhear is great at picking out players quickly from the restart like that.

Happened a multitude of times from quick re-starts, 2nd half in particular.

Gone are the days of the ceremonious puck out which the ref would need to whistle to signal the re-start.

The league phase and those two defeats to Galway and Wexford are a world away now. At this stage of the season it’s all about momentum and Kilkenny have it.

Limerick are deserved favourites, keep digging out results when not at their optimum. Been brilliant in little bursts against Waterford and Galway etc but not flowing for a full 70 mins yet. You’d hope the minutes Lynch and Casey got on Saturday will be invaluable but if you’re relying on two lads who’ve been out a while…

Cody is unreal, he gets a tune out of them practically every day. Since ‘99 the days they haven’t shown up you could count on one hand. They’re never flat or under cooked or over cooked, the hoors are always primed and ready.

The narrow win on Sunday will be either a blessing in disguise or a sign the gap has disappeared. We’ll soon find out.

1 Like

He’s got a job to do on the INTERNET. Dont try dissuade him from that.

I enjoy @Gman’s whiney Wexford missives.

DOD is a bull but he’s definitely not tall.

Jesus ye boys move fast, 1.5 m eh?

Limerick will bate the snot out of KK… kk are working off too fine a margin … wait til the kk fullback line gets a few balls into it that actually suits the opposing forward… they should put hayes back on TJ and hammer the hammer as the kerryman would say …

The kk lads have most of their backs up for all stars.

I’d say he’s 5’10ish

Can we all please stop attacking the whiney Wexford accent. Accent baiting has no place in modern Ireland.

12 Likes

Paud is about 48, he’s running out of time to get one.

They’ll probably go and give it to someone like Colm Lyons.

Fair enough and deservedly so bit I think Limerick will pose a much different question as both Galway and Clare sent in absolutely horrendous ball to their forwards …

That’s true. And Limerick do generally give good ball.

But for about 20 minutes yesterday, we gave no ball in. And that’s even worse than shit ball. Gillane was on fire and the ball didn’t go near him.

1 Like

Big task for Kilkenny is to string two big performances back to back. They’ve been very inconsistent last 6-7 years. A big one off performance invariably followed up by a tame effort the next day.