Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

It’s the holders V the keepers as they say.

I think he’s generally very good and has handled matches well this year.

I hope the occasion doesn’t get to Kilkenny.

2 Likes

Paud Dwyer is probably the favourite to get the final. He’s been operating at the higher level for longer than John Keenan, who will certainly get one in the near future.

Horgan could suit the game as there’ll probably be a bit of skelping and his experience would stand to him. Hard to see hm getting 3 finals in a row, though

Once it’s none of Lyons, Stack or Gordon I’m not bothered.

Kilkenny have had a lot of heavy enough defeats/collapses over last 6 or 7 years when stage fright did seem to get the better of them. Coach Cody is really going to have to work on that side of things over the next few weeks. Who’s the Kilkenny, Caroline Currid or does Cody himself fulfill that role too?

Stack will give Johnny Murphy a run for his money as worst ref sooner rather than later.

Kilkenny have more recent experience of a full fat All-Ireland final than Limerick do, though that wasn’t necessarily the sort of experience you’d want.

€90 for a stand ticket for the final.

and the worst thing is I unfortunately was born away from the Yola based Wexford accent areas. The likes of @count_of_monte_crist , @croppy_boy and myself dont have the same dulcet tones of the lovely Ursula and @Bandage

2 Likes

Same as previous years ?

I apologise @Gman there is no place for that in modern society.

2 Likes

Yeah, right…

To err is human, to forgive divine

1 Like

It went to €90 in 2019 I think. So yes.

Be doing well to sell it out I reckon.

DOD would be a distant cousin of mine (from Oola, we’re all related etc etc). We come from tall(ish) stock.

When Dublin v Kerry is still not a sell out today, then all bets are off.

That’s the thing, I don’t believe that the semi final was a big performance. KK played well yes, but Clare were shockingly bad. I think the semi won’t take an ounce out of KK.

In saying that, Limerick are the team to beat, money behind them, drugs, inhalers, whiteboards…

Limerick by 4

Reflecting on Galway v kilkenny games of recent years, I wonder would Galway’s performance on Sunday have beaten kilkenny the weekend? I think it would.