Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

The good eating during the Famine.

5 Likes

Great land and a motivated workforce.

Probably the Everest point for that team this year, but not many teams would have beaten Kilkenny last weekend. They were beyond sharp. Took the foot off the pedal then in 2nd half.

Galway were great too, though.

1 Like

O’Donovan isn’t a big guy, I’d say he is 5’9 at a push

Sorry, just seeing this was discussed now, he isn’t even that I’d be 90% sure.

Donovan is a brilliant hurler with a savage workrate, doesn’t trade on physicality at all.

Sure Limerick won in 18’ with Lynch and Donovan midfield and people want to talk about robots!

Re Limerick’s performances this year, they were down Cian Lynch, the best player in the country officially, and Peter Casey, who was the best forward in the country last year. Its a lot to take away, they clearly complimented the other lads up there with their vision and creativity.

1 Like

I would consider him short. But, in fairness, he’s an absolute block, you’re not going to blow him out of it physicality-wise.

1 Like

The loss of those two can’t be understated… It’s huge.

1 Like

Yeah, he’s in great nick. Saw him in Fennessey’s pub once after the KK match in 18’ so I was wondering had he grown since then!

1 Like

An awful lot of folk seem to be gone on holiday …

But enough about inter-county players whose counties are out of the championship.

1 Like

It’s peak holiday season… families all head off in July once the kids finish up

1 Like

Dublin Kerry holds very little appeal truth be told. Outside Clifford and Con there’s little to sell it and both of them are injured. Not too many people getting excited about a clash of Niall what’s his face from Dublin and Sean O someone from Kerry.

Galway and Derry are the only show in town. Cavan and Westmeath is even more attractive.

It’s time the GAA went back to the traditional calendar. They need to build indoor facilities in every county and move the club game indoors during winter.

We need more characters like WOD in the game

I just watched this back on tv. Rte have some terrible cameramen as they couldn’t keep up with the puck outs at all.

Will Eoin Murphy be able to replicate this for Kilkenny ? As the Galway chap was absolutely outstanding at finding a free man.

That’s fair enough but he still makes the other two lads look like primary school students.

Gives that impression with his build, I’d say he’s just under the 6 foot mark and probably creeping up on 14 stone. That’s a fair unit to be trying to get past or stop passing for that matter.

And he’s the little lad in midfield.

1 Like

Conor Browne is a big man

1 Like

He is not, he’s built well like a bantomweight boxer.

Conor Browne is definitely taller and bulkier than Darragh Donovan