Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

The ball is in play so little though in just about any game, it’s hard to have any great level of intensity in the exchanges. 60 scores today and god knows how many puck outs.

Kilkenny did well to hang in there first half and give themselves a fighters chance. Few times in first half Limerick stretched it out to 6 and it looked like they were a score or two away from finishing them off, but never did. Movement of the Limerick forwards off the ball is something else. Limerick full back line was quite jittery today. Kilkenny were always going to need a third goal to win it and with Limerick dropping numbers back, wasn’t going to happen.

Was Gillane carrying an injury, i would not like to think he was held by a spoiler like Butler

1 Like
1 Like

This Limerick team are now immortal. If Cian Lynch was playing today there would have been 10 point’s in it

1 Like

Let a good few balls slip past him even though he was generally out in front most times.

1 Like

He didn’t notch the 3 goals lads were predicting.

@Thriceasnice22

:tm: :copyright:

9 Likes

He was counting 2 in 3 though. Ye can surely work a quad into it at this stage. Ye’ve won it as a young team, in covid and in a heatwave now. Any way you want.

Top 3?

My fucking boy

I’m going to be in some hoop for the week. When King CON hit the shot for the momentum swinger I was roaring before it was passed the 21, there was never a doubt.

7 Likes

Say what you like about limerick. Thats it. Say what you fucking like.

10 Likes

A special special group.

Hard to pick anyone out but Hannon and Hegarty are beauty.

Split Limerick in two

Hannon. I’ve been banging that drum for so long now. Does not get the recognition outside of Limerick. An absolutely outstanding leader. Once again today, when we needed him the most, there he was, coming out with ball after ball. Just an unbelievable leader and an outstanding hurler.

Hego. What a fuckin hurler. No words for that man.

18 Likes

No one could object to Hannon getting HOTY imo. Not even Byrnes or Hegarty. He’d be well due it. He pulled that team out of the shit on numerous occasions this year, including the first 10 mins today.

3 Likes

Kilkenny couldn’t handle Gearoid Hegarty. Cody and his puce red head in the end knew it.

2 Likes

Shattered after that, incredible bunch of men the Cats threw the kitchen sink at them but they just seem to keep finding especially in the championship minutes. 3 in a row for Limerick is literally the stuff of dreams. To all my fellow @thelimericks enjoy the next week and beyond!

12 Likes

I think he lost a hurley, was under savage pressure and still slipped a lovely handpass very late on. Different class.

What a performance. They hit him with everything and they couldn’t stop him