Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

We’ll done to Limerick - a special team with so many leaders. It was a tremendous game to be at and Hegarty’s performance was as good as I’ve seen on All Ireland final day. Hard luck to Kilkenny who put up a great fight, had a few bad wides, and drifted from the plan at times. There were a few occasions also where Cody and his selectors seemed to be arguing…
Enjoy the celebrations Limerick lads - what a time for ye.

5 Likes

What i thought was very interesting was the size of Mikel Ds belly. Fucking hell :grinning:

4 Likes

Think Kilkenny left it very late to bring on Richie Hogan. Wonder how fit he was.

He got a score during one of their mini waves of momentum and it felt like the tide had turned

When you see see someone as limited as Walter Welsh in there you knew Kilkenny were in big trouble

1 Like

That was a tremendous point he scored down near the sideline. Might be his swansong. Used to be mesmerised by his performances in Croker when he was hurling minor.

They forgot Clare!

8 Likes

Huw Lawlor. A Welsh parent by chance?

Ahem

1 Like

Delighted to go to it last minute.

Kilkenny will felt like they left a lot of scores out there especially in front of the Cusack stand. Mullen should have passed one to RH and scored another.
Richie Reid missed an excusable one.

An awkward left hander with size appears to be the only thing that can slow Hego down. By the time Blachfield came on the damage was done. He will be MOTM but Nash, Finn or Hannon would be ahead when it comes to HOTY.

Ref rode KK in first half but probably evened it up in the second.

Well done Limerick, best team in the land.

What an incredible match. Where previously many have attempted to, no one can slight this win. That kk team fought every fucking minute of the game and made us earn it under the most trying of competition and condition

What a fucking team. Couldn’t be prouder of my county or the sport. Incredible

14 Likes

The Kilkenny management had an unreal sense of calm after the game. I reckon their mantra was ‘make the fuckers earn it’. And that they did. They can have no regrets.

3 Likes

Limerick led from pillar to post more or less. When Kilkenny got level with the Hogan point, they marched up the field and did what they do best. An unreal team. Proper champions. Forget 4-in-a-row. I’d expect five.

3 Likes

This would be my shout. An incredible leader.

Nothing against him but I did say earlier in the year KK couldn’t win an AI with him as CB.
He didn’t cost them today but he’s isn’t in the same parish as a Declan Hannon.

1 Like

That’s exactly how it feels, ‘91. Was thinking that on the way home. Bang of ‘09 off of it too.

We have greatness now round robin old style championship, no crowds full houses winter summer Big Rob Ryan @peddlerscross 16 matches unbeaten Tipp Cork Galway Clare Waterford Kilkenny all vanquished this year

6 Likes

Who did we watch for the last time today?

Graeme Mulcahy?
Richie Hogan?

Anyone else

Remember what happened in 92 and 93.

Hindsight is wonderful but Padraig Walsh/Conor Delaney to 6 and Blanchfield to 7 next year.
Put Paddy Deegan to 11 and draft in Billy Drennan ASAP