Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

1-13 from the half forward line was the winning of it. Hadn’t really caught fire all year but the three of them had monster games.

1 Like

The Ultimate All Ireland weekend would be something like this for Tipp people.

Saturday - Up early to play in the Seven’s (important you get knocked out in the group stages. After a quick pitstop and something to eat, head for Camden Street and get into Ryan’s early. Flannery and Coppers may be seen later on.

Sunday - Up around Croker for 12 and visit Big Tree/Hogan Stand pubs. After the game head back for the Palace/Camden Street/maybe the Burlington/Rody Bolands too.

Monday - Palace for the morning before an early afternoon train home for Thurles. Noel Ryan’s, The County, Lar’s, Hayes’s would all be hit.

Tuesday - Defribulators would be at the ready at Club Training sessions around the county.

8 Likes

Hego is 94’ along with Will O’ Donoghue and Diarmuid Byrnes. Kyle Hayes 98’ I think. The 96’ crew which is imperative to the team would be the likes of Cian Lynch, Gillane, Sean Finn and Tom Morrissey. Think Peter Casey and Barry Nash could be 97’ but not certain of that. Mike Casey, Richie English, Darragh O’ Donovan are 95’.

There’s very much a class of 96’ vibe akin to the Dublin footballers class of 93’.

Edit: Barry Nash class of 96’ too.

2 Likes

Nwanko Kanu
Mark Foley 1990

Nah

I should have been more specific in that I’m referring to the 1990 Munster final only.

1 Like

I’d say his performance yesterday was the most effective performance by a player in an All Ireland Final that I’ve seen. Can’t think of a single player in that time (over 50 years) who had such an impact on a game. It was remarkable. He had about a 10 minutes lull from about the 55th to the 65th minute and then he roared back into it again. He must have a Rolls Royce engine.

7 Likes

David clifford

And after getting beaten in Intercounty matches …which means Mondays in Tipp is the most popular drinking day

Hegarty would be 2 years older, Kyle 2 years younger.

Gillane, Lynch, Finn, Tom, Nash, Hanley would all have been on the same U-14 team. Although Gillane was an unplayed sub at minor. Colin Malachy, LaTouche, Lorcan Lyons are all gone from the panel now but have All-Ireland medals and would have been on that team aswell.

1 Like

I did. With the curtains pulled and the telly switched off.

Tbf he wasn’t brought off because of a poor performance, we just needed fresh legs and those subs did make an impact.

When you have quality forwards on your bench, you want to bring them on even if the starting 6 are all on fire, especially on such a hot day.

1 Like

But Clifford is sublimely visually elegant in his movement. Hegarty is not. Hegarty looks like an octopus falling out a window. That does not take away from his supreme effectiveness, but he is the opposite of elegant.

Andrew La Touché-Cosgrave was centre-back on that minor team in 2014 wasn’t he? Seemed to be a very recognisable part of the crew. Surprised it didn’t work out to a greater extent for him. His wonderful second name alone would have brought great razzmatazz.

I was talking in hurling terms

1 Like

Better version of Bonnar Maher

Did Hegarty play any rugby?

Just goes to show how little they’ve laid a glove on @Big_Dan_Campbell that they keep coming back to that.

1 Like

And most of them agreeing with him at the time

1 Like

Not to any high level.

1 Like