Limerick v Kilkenny - All Ireland Final 2022 - The Hego final

Even after 2018 I predicted we’d 2 or 3 more but i figured he’d lose out. He was nearly always subbed off.

He’s a credit to himself tbh.

Well he was wasting his time pucking a ball off a hurling wall anyway. Thats proven to be completely useless to help improving your skill levels. And he doing nothing but hitting a ball agin a wall for lockdown. And where did it get him?

19 Likes

Of course in another era Hego would have had his hand broken after his second or third score and that would have curtailed his influence a bit. So I’m probably not comparing like with like across the ages.

1 Like

One newspaper report compared him to robocop, but I thought he was more like the terminator. Relentless, remorseless, they couldn’t stop him and he just kept coming and coming. Then he melted in molten steel at the end

2 Likes

Gearoid Denman demolished The Kilkenny Kautos

2 Likes

I think part of the problem that 2014 minor team had was that they actually switched centre-backs too much. Ronan Lynch was 6 all through the Munster campaign, ALTC went in then & Malachy also did a bit there.

Showed management were unsure about the position. Also switched between Darragh Fanning & Paddy O’Loughlin at full-back. By the time they got to U-21, Kyle was at 6 and shored it up a bit.

ALTC is a nice hurler but maybe never kicked on as much as we would have liked. Was still on the senior panel for quite a while without ever really getting near the 26.

1 Like
1 Like

You have Kevin stating a boxer should not work on his punching “as a former boxer” :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Hegarty, Byrnes and Will born in 94, I think Dan is 93 but could be 94, must look that up.

Richie English, Mike Casey, Darragh Donovan, also Pat Ryan born in 95.

You have the “class of 2014” then with Lynch, Hanley, Tom, Finn, Nash, Gillane in 96.

97 you have Flanagan, Casey, Barry Murphy. Paddy O Loughlin that age too.

98 - Hayes and Boylan.

It’s an unbelievable 4/5 year period of players produced, and you have unreal hurlers that didn’t make it to the top such as Ronan Lynch, Colin Ryan, La Touche. The last 3 years have produced some excellent minor and u20 teams too with a lot of future seniors hopefully, including CON and Adam English. This year’s 20s and next years 20s will hopefully produce another 6 or 7 regular senior panelist’s for the next few years

1 Like

By God

1 Like

My goodness. Is that Sean Moncrieff’s son?

Dan 93’ as far as I know. Wasn’t on the 2015 U21 team sure.

No he’s a lad from Tramore, Co Waterford. One of the current trend for over emoting singers.

3 Likes

https://www.rte.ie/sport/hurling/2022/0718/1310862-nearly-1-million-view-limericks-all-ireland-victory/

How does this rate cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

Dan is 93, along with Dowling, Reidy & Costello.

Also Paddy Deegan has one of the strangest striking techniques. He scored a couple of beauties so I can’t knock it but it’s awful strange

Blows last years figures out of the water.
Hurling is over 10% more popular than this time last year.

Morrissey lived with a friend of mine in cork while in ucc. I don’t no him well but he was always very sound. We used to be getting off our faces while he’d be tucking in salmon and vegetables prepping for the season ahead. He got an awful time of it off seamus Callahan in 2015. I always felt bad for him at the time as I was aware of the effort he was putting in. For him to now have 4 all irelands is incredible.

9 Likes