Liveline thread

I presume Finbar (sorry) is the same Finbar who was on PrimeTime last night?

ā€œThe Skied Pipersā€

Oh thats good.

I can neither confirm nor deny this.

The small counties are in danger of the big Club becoming the focus according to our Cavan caller.

Iā€™ve never called a radio station before Joe, but I feel I must in this instance. Iā€™m furious Joe. My wife coaches in Kilmacud Crokes, its a super club Joe, super people work there.

Kilmacud Crokes, now thereā€™s a Club who wouldnt ever dream of breaching the ethos of the GAA :clap:

Kilmacud Crokes, a very famous club.

Our caller is very concerned about older lonely men, heā€™s from Donegal so heā€™d know all about these sort of men.

What Iā€™m gathering from this discussion is that the GAA may well be responsible for an epidemic of elderly men dying of loneliness.

Neasa cant afford the SKY. They sit at home watching matches with their 5 sons, the GAA brings them together, they like to sit around and watch the games with their sons and have a laugh. The GAA is a good ol laugh it seems.

o_O :smiley:

ā€œI think itā€™s so serious that our Government need to step in.ā€, says Neasa.

Its as bad as the property tax apparently.

ā€œPeople are being told they have to go to pubs to watch their own children playing.ā€

These young lads AND WOMEN who spent their years working their way up through the ranks are now forced to have their families go down to the pub to watch them on TV when they line out in Croke Park says Neasa.

Neasa obviously doesnā€™t realise people are allowed go to games.

Its terrible Joe, families will have to go to the pub to watch their own children playing games. The people who watched them on rainy days at U12 games will be forced to pubs Joe.

We now have a man from Clontarf on, who played GAA, so you know he knows his stuff.

The people of Ireland ARE the GAA

Isnā€™t every sport indigenous at some point? Nevermind, the man from Clontarf is on a roll here.

[QUOTE=ā€œmyboyblue, post: 925547, member: 180ā€]
We now have a man from Clontarf on, who played GAA, so you know he knows his stuff.[/QUOTE]

Heā€™s proud of the fact that he lives in the shadow of Parnell Park

He also doesnā€™t buy Sky as he doesnā€™t like the way Rupert Murdoch does business.

[QUOTE=ā€œMac, post: 925550, member: 109ā€]Heā€™s proud of the fact that he lives in the shadow of Parnell Park

He also doesnā€™t buy Sky as he doesnā€™t like the way Rupert Murdoch does business.[/QUOTE]
He doesnā€™t have it anymore. It got too expensive, apparently he didnt have issues with Rupert when he could afford it.

The great Tommy Walsh

Indeed, he said as much in his letter to the Irish Times.

Heā€™s played GAA, he was in Oā€™Moore Park once, he lives in the shadow of Parnell, AND heā€™s had a letter published by the Times, so you just KNOW he is for real.

Tommy Walsh (sorry, the great Tommy Walsh) stood on the pitch signing autographs for 15 minutes.

This Sky deal is a disgrace.