Liveline thread

Speaking of which, Mac’s latest signature is really pissing me off.

I should have said, ‘is the interview available online?’

Just listening to the famous interview there for the first time.

Bloody hell - what is all the fuss about? There have been mornings like that when I am less coherent than that and I wasn’t out the night before.

A nothing issue.

:smiley: Just saw this now

It’s your fault - you were the one who posted the song up.

I’m delighted to announce that Christy Dignam is in the finest of health. He’s just been talking to Joe and said that himself and the rest of the lads are off to Australia today to play a tour there. Fantastic resiliece from Finglas’s finest.

but you’re not (notionally) in charge of running the country Farmer
your coherence doesn’t concern the rest of us.

and besides, the issue is not whether or not cowen was coherent, it’s that he didn’t have the basic cop on to go to bed on time for his (annual) interview with the biggest morning radio show in the country. to attempt to bluff and bluster and generally meander through that interview whilst trotting out the usual clichés and soundbites says a lot about what he thinks of those he purportedly represents.

This shows the standing Liveline has in this fine country of ours

‘Incoherent’ weatherman was sick
By Patricia McDonagh
Tuesday September 21 2010
A MET Eireann weatherman last night apologised to RTE listeners for his poor performance during a radio broadcast after it was claimed he sounded “incoherent” on air.

Callers to RTE’s ‘Liveline’ yesterday claimed that Vincent O’Shea stumbled over his words when delivering the weather broadcast on RTE Radio One at five to midnight on Sunday.

Raising concerns, they claimed he had been “incoherent” during the broadcast and “less professional” than usual.

However, in a statement to the show, Met Eireann said Mr O’Shea’s performance was down to an adverse reaction to prescribed medication.

And a spokesman said he had gone on to deliver the 6am and 7.55am broadcasts in his usual professional way.

Speaking to the Irish Independent last night, Mr O’Shea apologised for his delivery on air and insisted he now felt “much better”.

He said he had taken medication for a cold for the past week, but had been warned by doctors not to take it during the day.

“We have a very long night shift from 8pm to 8am and I had been taking medication,” he said.

"The doctor said it could make me a bit dopey and I could slur my words. I think I took too many in work.

Disorientated

“I felt fine most of the night, but around midnight I felt disorientated,” he added.

“I didn’t read the weather well and it is not normal for me to be like that. I apologise that things weren’t right and that the broadcast didn’t go down well.”

Mr O’Shea confirmed that he had not heard the ‘Liveline’ discussion, but said that people seemed to be on his side after they realised what had happened with his medication.

“People told me about it [the ‘Liveline’ programme],” he told the Irish Independent last night.

“I was satisfied with ‘Liveline’. I feel satisfied that people were on my side.”

RTE did not notify Mr O’Shea personally that it was going ahead with a discussion about his performance.

It told his employer Met Eireann that the topic could possibly be a segment on the show and Met Eireann sent Mr O’Shea a text to notify him.

“The gentleman (Mr O’Shea) had been on night duty and we did not want to call him,” said a spokesman for Met Eireann.

“Obviously, we would have preferred if this (the ‘Liveline’ broadcast) didn’t happen. But these things happen.”

Complaint

RTE last night said Mr O’Shea had not made any complaint about the broadcast.

"Neither RTE nor ‘Liveline’ made any allegations towards Mr O’Shea.

“Rather, the ‘Liveline’ team was responding to a significant number of calls to today’s programme,” said a spokeswoman.

“‘Liveline’ sought clarification from Met Eireann this morning and the transmission went ahead with its statement to hand.”

RTE said Met Eireann would change the roster if there were fears that the treatment of Mr O’Shea’smedical condition could again impair his performance. “RTE takes last night’s incident very seriously. Such lapses in broadcasting standards are not acceptable,” the spokeswoman added.

“Met Eireann has conducted an internal investigation and it has offered an apology for the quality of the broadcast.”

• Patricia McDonagh

Irish Independent

A fooking weatherman FFS. I don’t know which is worse, the lads ringing in to complain or the people involved in the show that decide it’s worth devoting time to it.

the weatherman is from skibereen - too many gargles on Sunday perhaps?

That’s sine serious investigative work from Liveline alright. He’s some fool for apologising.

When this country goes over a cliff liveline will lead the charge.

Fatties on liveline today going about not getting the after care service they paid for after getting the gastric band. :smiley:

Christ I have ire listening to this shite today, two women ringing in giving and wanting to know why they were delayed for 5 minute due to three trucks getting an armed convoy from the Gardi and the Army…

A man just called Micheal Martin “a snake in the grass”. :lol:

Discussing this now:
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/images/2010/0929/261814_1.jpg?ts=1285766190

Apprently the name of the driver of the cement mixer was…Joe Duffy :lol:

The Corncrake is really getting it in the neck here. Too much public money going on the Corncrake.

“James Connolly supporter” Joe Duffy has made some tit of himself today getting his knickers in a twist over a bit of paint.

Caller: Louise Minihan was never a member of the IRA"
Joe: “How do you know?”
Caller: “Well, how do I know you’re not a paedophile, Joe?”
:lol:

Epic, Epic Radio…

That last caller wiped the floor with Joe :smiley:

The crazies are out today on the show. :smiley: Jaysus the latest caller is loosing the head. :slight_smile:

Its brilliant today!

“Did you read the tin before you threw it at her to see would it harm her?”
“What kind of paint was it?,
Emulsion Joe.”
:lol: :lol: :lol: