Liverpool FC 2014/15

The clincher for what?

I love you, Luis. Adios amigo.

Hope Rogers now invests in the money wisely in a few defensive players and may one other striker.

Benzema is rumoured to be their #1 target.

No thanks.

My girlfriendā€™s nephew bit me on Wednesday.

Iā€™m happy to see Suarez go.

Why not Mark?

Liverpool have been here before. They sold Ian Rush, Robbie Fowler, Michael Owen and Fernando Torres with heavy hearts. Only Ian Rush ever really flourished again to any great extent and that was on returning to Anfield. Maybe Senor Suarez should have heeded the lessons that recent history has taught us.

Torres?

:clap:

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers today issued the below statement following the announcement that an agreement has been reached with Barcelona for Luis Suarez to leave the club.

"Luis is a very special talent and I thank him for the role he has played in the team in the past two years, during my time at Liverpool.

"I think he would be the first to accept he has improved as a player over that period, along with the team and has benefited from being here, as we have benefited from him.

"The club have done all they can over a sustained period of time to try to keep Luis at Liverpool. It is with great reluctance and following lengthy discussions we have eventually agreed to his wishes to move to Spain for new experiences and challenges. We wish him and his young family well; we will always consider them to be friends.

"We are focused on the future, as we strive to continue with the progress we have made and build on last seasonā€™s excellent Barclays Premier League campaign.

"I am confident we will improve the team further and will be stronger for this coming season, when we will be competing on all fronts; domestically and in the greatest club competition in the world, the Champions League.

ā€œIf there is one thing the history of this great club teaches us, it is that Liverpool FC is bigger than any individual. I hope our supporters continue to dream and believe that we are moving forward and with continued improvement and progression, together we will bring the success we all crave and deserve.ā€

You forgot Titi Camara

and Dean Saunders

And Neil Mellor

Is Rickie Lambert the new Sean Dundee?

Dundee was utterly bizarre. Talked up in Germany, bought by Liverpool and then never selected. I saw Liverpool play without a striker, and none on the bench and with Dundee fit. This was long before Spalletti introduced the false nine.

Ā£75m for Suarez should allow Liverpool to really strengthen. Itā€™s a bit like when Zlatan left Inter, even though he was the best player in the world at that point - Inter used the money wisely to bring in Sneijder, Lucio, Motta, Milito, Etoā€™o and Pandev who all had great seasons.

I think Markovic for Ā£20m is a very shrew piece of business, I think he is a smashing player and is only 20. The interesting thing at Liverpoool is what Rodgers will do with the likes of Borini, Aspas, Alberto, Assaidi, Lucas, Reina and Enrique. They could well take in another Ā£40m+ from selling them.

Thats what Spurs thought :eek:

Alan Hansen - player and pundit on Bbc one now

Liverpool linked to Di Maria.

Looks like the Markovic deal is done, I know fuck all about him but Iā€™m happy to run with @Il Bomber Destroā€™s glowing reference. A striker to replace Luis next please