Liverpool FC 2014/15

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 980264, member: 2272”]Despite plundering 31 goals, winning both the PFA and LMA Player of the Season gongs alongside a double award at Liverpool’s own end of campaign ceremony, the stats say the Anfield side are more successful without Suarez.
Liverpool have a win ratio of 64% when he is not in the team compared to 50% when he plays.
Ajax too fared better when he was out of their team, with winning 70% of their games compared to the 61% when he was in the side.
[/QUOTE]
Sturridge

Rodgers is also a proper coach who tends to improve players

Selling suarez is tough as he is genuinely one of top 3 in the world but he has got Liverpool back to CL and 100m euros transfer fee means the club can be set up very nicely by his leaving

@farmerinthecity has taken an unmerciful battering.

Fuck you @Fran -

This is from last march- But it shows what I was on about. And at 24 he has it in the locker to be one of the best ever.

#ouryear
#JFT96
#Ulrikastwoblackeyes

This season Sturridge has scored every 83 minutes in the league – which, incredibly, is better than Cristiano Ronaldo[/URL] (a goal every 84 minutes), [URL=‘http://www.theguardian.com/football/luis-suarez’]Luis Suárez[/URL] (one every 86 minutes), [URL=‘http://www.theguardian.com/football/lionel-messi’]Lionel Messi[/URL] (every 95 minutes) and [URL=‘http://www.theguardian.com/football/zlatan-ibrahimovic’]Zlatan Ibrahimovic[/URL] (every 97 minutes). Only [URL=‘http://www.theguardian.com/football/sergio-aguero’]Sergio Agüero, who averages a goal every 80 minutes, is more prolific in the major European leagues.

When asked to explain this rise into the upper echelons of the goalscoring ranks, the certainty Sturridge displays in front of goal deserts him. “I don’t even really know,” he said. “The manager has shown faith in me to give me an opportunity in the position that I’ve always played in … I’ve got faith in God. I pray a lot and I’m just focused totally on my job.”

But there is another explanation beyond the positional or metaphysical. Sturridge’s purple patch is not a wild aberration or statistical outlier. He has always been talented – as he showed by scoring eight goals in 11 games while on loan at Bolton in 2011 and nine in 19 Premier League appearances under André Villas-Boas at Chelsea – he just needed greater opportunities to show it.

True, in 129 Premier League matches, Sturridge has scored 54 goals – a bit under one every other game. But the unvarnished statistics mask the real picture: at Manchester City and Chelsea he was a bit-part actor in a giant theatre ensemble: he got a short scene here, a cameo there. Of those 129 Premier League appearances, 54 were as a substitute.

When you look at Sturridge’s goal tally per 90 minutes in the Premier League across his career a dramatically different picture emerges. He has scored an average of 0.69 league goals per 90 minutes. That puts him ahead of all the other great Liverpool strikers in the Premier League era, including Michael Owen (0.59 goals every 90 minutes), Fernando Torres (0.53), Robbie Fowler (0.52) and, yes, Suárez (0.64).

More impressively still, Sturridge’s tally puts him above Robin van Persie (0.68 goals per 90 minutes), Alan Shearer (0.61) and Ronaldo (0.52) when he was in the Premier League. In fact, Opta’s stats show that only three players in Premier League history have scored at a better rate than Sturridge: Agüero (0.78 per 90), Thierry Henry (0.74) and Ruud van Nistelrooy (0.70).

I hope you’re right @Mark Renton. Sturridge is has all the qualities to be a very good striker, good touch, quick, good finisher, intelligent movement etc.

I’m just not convinced about his mental strength and can totally disappear from games if his confidence takes a rattle. That’s something that I’d say Rodgers has worked on and will continue to work on.

I think it would be a shame if Liverpool got £80m for Suarez and didn’t reinvest in a top class striker.

Daniel Sturridge. 43 appearances for Liverpool. 31 goals.

Nobody is disputing that bro.

The King is dead, long live the King.

On a serious note, pal.

Talk of us sniffing around Bony. While i was impressed with him last year, he is not the future of a top club with champions league aspirations. Of course we need another star man up front but I don’t see who that is right now. Who is out there that is willing to come? I would take a Bony/Lambert wand Dan combo to crimbo and spend now until then scouting the right man. The french lad Griezmann has been touted- He had a fine season with SociedadI haven’t seen much of him other than two halves this world cup and he did look dangerous. Aubameyang is another lad who has potential but @Rocko will have to give the full low down here. Other than that none of the big names are going to be moving and we may as well strengthen the rest of the team and hope Daniel plus a lesser can do the business.

Who would you like to see coming to the club, mate?

I think Bony is excellent. And would not like to see you guys get him.

Is this a reversey? You really think he is muck right and would love to see him at Liverpool?

:frowning:

Luis Suarez today issued the following statement to the club’s official website, Liverpoolfc.com.

"It is with a heavy heart that I leave Liverpool for a new life and new challenges in Spain. Both me and my family have fallen in love with this club and with the city.

"But most of all I have fallen in love with the incredible fans. You have always supported me and we, as a family, will never forget it, we will always be Liverpool supporters.

"I hope you can all understand why I have made this decision. This club did all they could to get me to stay, but playing and living in Spain, where my wife’s family live, is a lifelong dream and ambition. I believe now the timing is right.

"I wish Brendan Rodgers and the team well for the future. The club is in great hands and I’m sure will be successful again next season.

"I am very proud I have played my part in helping to return Liverpool to the elite of the Premier League and in particular back into the Champions League.

“Thank you again for some great moments and memories. You’ll Never Walk Alone.”

I wouldn’t worry too much pal, Rickie Lambert will be a great replacement.

Suarez - best player in the world, now he’s a cunt

Liverpool FC Supporters club have today condemned Suarez’s racist activity aimed at Patrice Evra.

[QUOTE=“Watch The Break, post: 981438, member: 260”]:frowning:
Luis Suarez today issued the following statement to the club’s official website, Liverpoolfc.com.

"It is with a heavy heart that I leave Liverpool for a new life and new challenges in Spain. Both me and my family have fallen in love with this club and with the city.

"But most of all I have fallen in love with the incredible fans. You have always supported me and we, as a family, will never forget it, we will always be Liverpool supporters.

"I hope you can all understand why I have made this decision. This club did all they could to get me to stay, but playing and living in Spain, where my wife’s family live, is a lifelong dream and ambition. I believe now the timing is right.

"I wish Brendan Rodgers and the team well for the future. The club is in great hands and I’m sure will be successful again next season.

"I am very proud I have played my part in helping to return Liverpool to the elite of the Premier League and in particular back into the Champions League.

“Thank you again for some great moments and memories. You’ll Never Walk Alone.”[/QUOTE]
Thats a lovely piece by whoever wrote it.

In hindsight the ban for biting was well deserved

[QUOTE=“Watch The Break, post: 981438, member: 260”]:frowning:

“Thank you again for some great moments and memories. You’ll Never Walk Alone.”[/QUOTE]

:frowning:

Goodbye Luis

Suarez is temporary, Liverpool is permanent

Missing 9 League matches and 4 Champions League matches was the clincher really.

And the thing is that you run that risk every season he plays.