Liverpool FC 2014/15

Has Suarez been sold then or not?

Ah he’s terrible, Muriel.

No. But Barca are selling Suarez #9 shirts. Allegedly.

Titi Camara ‏@TitiCamara22
When I left Liverpool not many people thought I could have been replaced. Liverpool will survive without Suarez

Reported as done deal 75m pounds Sterling.

Liverpool transfer budget reported to now be 180m euros.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 978923, member: 2272”]Reported as done deal 75m pounds Sterling.

Liverpool transfer budget reported to now be 180m euros.[/QUOTE]

With that kind of money they could buy Mirallas, Luakau, Deulofeu, Coleman, Barkley, Martinez (as an assistant to Brendie) and Goodison (as a training ground).

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 978923, member: 2272”]Reported as done deal 75m pounds Sterling.

Liverpool transfer budget reported to now be 180m euros.[/QUOTE]
As a big believer in the sum of the parts being greater than the individual they could build a serious side with tha money. Rodgers seems like an astute enough chap and appears to go for lads who will fit in or who he believes he can mould.
I really like Suarez (and Messi and Neymar), but I just cannot see it working. 3 very individualistic players. And according to some Spanish observers who seem to watch a lot of him, Messi has not been the same since Pepe left who had moulded him into a team player.
Unless they are given time and are going to play a more traditional 2 up front with Messi as a number 10 then it’s hard to know how it works.

I don’t know too much about football tbh, but great players will find away. Many pundits said the same of Ronaldo and bale, and they went ok together.

Goodbye Luis. :frowning:

Lucas is off also… Hence the Emre Can move.

So that’s Hendo, Lallana, Gerrard, Can and Allen vying for midfield.

The loss of Suarez may mean more football for Coutinho, which I will be more than happy with… I don’t think Brendan needs to go out and spunk money on a forward for the sake of it- he will be held to ransom. Sturridge is the star man, build the team around him.

[QUOTE=“Mark Renton, post: 979983, member: 1796”]Lucas is off also… Hence the Emre Can move.

So that’s Hendo, Lallana, Gerrard, Can and Allen vying for midfield.

The loss of Suarez may mean more football for Coutinho, which I will be more than happy with… I don’t think Brendan needs to go out and spunk money on a forward for the sake of it- he will be held to ransom. Sturridge is the star man, build the team around him.[/QUOTE]
So start the season with one recognised striker? I don’t think so, Mark. I think we should be looking in the £20-25m range for a new striker where we’ve had so much success before. We also need at least one new centre half and a new right back to replace Johnson who is complete dogshit.

Ricky Lambert.

We :rolleyes:

And the young Belgian chap Origi and possibly Borini would provide ample cover

Oh yeah forgot about him:oops:. Thought he was more a squad player though? He should be fresh enough after the world cup anyway.

@chewy louie is Origi not going straight back out on loan? Borini is fairly shit to be fair.

Sturridge has been very good for Liverpool undoubtedly but he has no credibility in terms of club football outside of England and international football to warrant such faith.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 978988, member: 273”]As a big believer in the sum of the parts being greater than the individual they could build a serious side with tha money. Rodgers seems like an astute enough chap and appears to go for lads who will fit in or who he believes he can mould.
I really like Suarez (and Messi and Neymar), but I just cannot see it working. 3 very individualistic players. And according to some Spanish observers who seem to watch a lot of him, Messi has not been the same since Pepe left who had moulded him into a team player.
Unless they are given time and are going to play a more traditional 2 up front with Messi as a number 10 then it’s hard to know how it works.[/QUOTE]
Messi also “struggled” when he was paired with Zlatan. Of course he remained hugely effective but he definitely didn’t enjoy being shunted out from the centre.

Barcelona need to learn to move on from the Pep days though. Xavi is finished. They need to allow individualistic players like Neymar (and Suarez) to thrive without insisting that possession is paramount. They no longer have the players or the coach or the early mover advantages associated with it. They will certainly be a possession based team under Luis Enrique, but if Pep can accommodate Muller and Robben in his team (two players who aren’t really passers and are both in the form of their lives, though Muller wasn’t great at club level admittedly) then Barca need to learn to adapt to other styles of players.

On the face of it a front 3 of:
Suarez_Messi_Neymar
would be terrific and would have a great blend of pace, direct running, creativity and all are natural goalscorers.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 980055, member: 1”]Messi also “struggled” when he was paired with Zlatan. Of course he remained hugely effective but he definitely didn’t enjoy being shunted out from the centre.

Barcelona need to learn to move on from the Pep days though. Xavi is finished. They need to allow individualistic players like Neymar (and Suarez) to thrive without insisting that possession is paramount. They no longer have the players or the coach or the early mover advantages associated with it. They will certainly be a possession based team under Luis Enrique, but if Pep can accommodate Muller and Robben in his team (two players who aren’t really passers and are both in the form of their lives, though Muller wasn’t great at club level admittedly) then Barca need to learn to adapt to other styles of players.

Suarez_Messi_Neymar
would be terrific and would have a great blend of pace, direct running, creativity and all are natural goalscorers.[/QUOTE]
On paper certainly. I think anything is possible if people are willing to forego ego’s. I also think I read that Enrique had, almost as you suggest, said he is going to make Barca more direct? Would that be true?
You work with who you have, and if given time it’s better to build a team suited to the players than have a system an try and force players in. However putting together a style to suit those 3 may take a season. And they will also be missing 2 of them for a while.
Very exciting however. I have played with the 3 of them up front for Barca on FIFA for a few seasons now with no problems.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 980055, member: 1”]Messi also “struggled” when he was paired with Zlatan. Of course he remained hugely effective but he definitely didn’t enjoy being shunted out from the centre.

Suarez_Messi_Neymar
would be terrific and would have a great blend of pace, direct running, creativity and all are natural goalscorers.[/QUOTE]

The better teams have figured out that death by passing tactic anyway, even a fairly average team that is well organised can take points off them if set up properly. A Neymar, Messi, Suarez trifecta would be pretty awesome to watch.