Liverpool FC 2015/2016

Go easy on him pal, his face goes through a lot.

Two RAWK posts about Sturridge:

I used to think Daniel was a bit like a tampon, in for a week and out for a month… but he has been out so long I need to come up with another analogy.

He’s a deadbeat dad. You rarely see him. You grow to resent him a bit because at times it feels like you’ll never see him again. Part of you gets used to life without him. Fuck him… we don’t need him. Then he shows up one day out of the blue. He’s armed with a handful of the latest computer games that you wanted. The new Fifa?!? Mum would never buy you that… He’s loud and funny and happy… not like mum who’s struggling to make things work on her own, without him… Mum’s no fun. But deadbeat dad is great. He takes you out to the zoo. He buys you the biggest ice-cream with not one but TWO fucking flakes in it. He even gets you a baseball hat that’s shaped like a monkey’s head. He takes a selfie of you both, making monkey noises. Cute. Afterwards he takes you to pizza hut. Mum never takes you there. This is such fun. Everything’s amazing again. Even mum seems more enthused by him being around. He drops you home and says he’ll see you next week. But he doesn’t show… nor the week after… nor the week after that… Mum tries to hold it all together, but there’s so much work to do and she could really use another pair of hands… she’s losing it. Fuck sake Dad, where are you? And the resentment grows again. You love him, but he’s breaking your fucking heart.

He is the kind of player Spurs used to sign.

David Wagner has come in at Huddersfield, inherited Chris Powell’s squad and has us playing the high tempo putting em under pressure game that some fools refer to as gegenpressing and we’re on a run of form to finish in the top 10 already.

1 Like

He’s the type of poser who has a big gob on him on the pitch and thinks it demonstrates he’s showing leadership, but he’s windy as fuck. He had a chance to score with a header from a bouncing through ball in the first half but saw De Gea coming out and he far was more worried about getting hurt rather than going full blooded for the ball, thus resulting in a tame, chicken shit effort.

Liverpool outbid Spurs for the Nivea guy, Spurs outbid Liverpool for Dele Alli. About £20 million difference between the transfer fees :grinning:

All I’m saying is it’s too early to say whether the new lad upfront Caulker is any good or not. Let Kloppo embed his philosophy* into the team fully and the players find their way too.

*can also use the word “identity” here

We dominated, pal. Won all the battles and controlled the game but all usual poor decision making, creativity and finishing let us down and they couldn’t put the ball in the back of the net. There were a lot of positives but no points

1 Like

Was sitting into the car just when the wheatabix head scored. Went fucking nuts. The league cup (or whatever the fuck they call it these days) is now more important than the league.

Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet has signed a new five-year contract running to the end of the 2020-21 season.
Mignolet, 27, joined the Reds from Sunderland in 2013 for £9m and has made 122 appearances for the Anfield club.
“I am the sort of character that wants to be a leader, wants to speak in the dressing room and help the defence,” Mignolet told the club’s website.
The Belgian’s record of 15 clean sheets in 2015 was more than any other Premier League goalkeeper.
He had come under pressure after high-profile mistakes, most recently in the 3-3 draw with Arsenal, but received the backing of Reds manager Jurgen Klopp.
His deputy Adam Bogdan also proved error-prone in the 3-0 loss at Watford and 2-2 FA Cup draw against Exeter, prompting Klopp to recall 22-year-old Danny Ward from a loan spell at Aberdeen.
Mignolet, who has seven clean sheets this term, added: "I know signing a new contract comes with new responsibility. I am getting older as well and coming into the years where people would say those are the years a goalkeeper is at his best.
"I will try to work hard together with the goalkeeping coach and staff here, who are behind me and have given their confidence with a new contract.
“I would like to thank them for that but you can’t really do that with words, you have to do that with performances on the pitch. That is what I will try to show.”
Liverpool are ninth in the league after Sunday’s 1-0 home defeat by Manchester United.

Liverpool: Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, Henderson, Can, Milner, Ibe, Firmino.

Subs: Ward, Caulker, Flanagan, Allen, Teixeira, Lallana, Benteke.

You’d think Allen would get a start, Milner offers nothing but a lot of huff and puff. Ojo looks more of a prospect than Teixeira. Klopp’s selections are very conservative really.

Turenne has turned into a brit

1 Like

Who’s co-commentating here? Dreadful stuff.

Great tackle by Brady there.

1-1

Mbokani with a backheel.

He is one ugly fucker.

2 Likes

Another goal conceded from a corner, 1-1.

Can is one soft Turkish-German cunt, esp for a big cunt.

2 Likes

Milner is shit. Awful refereeing display as well, not blowing for clear fouls all over the pitch.

2-1

Gaytwit.