Liverpool FC 2016/17/ Mousey's stag in Tipp town

And likely 4th by tomorrow with the same Achilles heel of soft goal concessions and letting leads slip every much as prevalent as it was under Rodgers, only this time the manager is earning a much higher salary with much bigger expectations.

The kult of klopp klowns on here are krazy

2 Likes

Some Liverpool supporters are getting very defensive and touchy when their double standards are exposed.

3 Likes

It’s like some sort of kult.

2 Likes

Klopp signing his contract in the summer.

@Nembo_Kid sudden bigging up of Rodgers is curious. Its hardly anything to do with the fact that he’s now ended up managing the club side of choice for barstool republicans. When Rodgers fate was all but sealed by the calamitous 0-3 home defeat to West Ham on 29 August 2015 last season, he didn’t have very kind words to say about Brendan.

6 Likes

I’m not bigging up Rodgers, mate - nor am I deriding Klopp.

I’m merely calling into question the bizarre double standards applied between two managers.

Klopp deserves a bigger wage than Rogers. He’s achieved more. Should be basic enough to understand. Let’s not forget that a lot of these are Rogers players. My one minor gripe with Klopp is that he’s still giving the likes of Mignolet, Can and Lovren chances. Klopp doing well to have them
where they are.

And Rodgers had to take the carnage of the post Benitez and Dalglish era. The likes of Carroll, Johnson, Enrique, Downing, Henderson (major flop in his first season). That happens to be a matter for every manager.

With a bigger wage, comes bigger expectations. If no CL football wasn’t good enough for Rodgers then it will hardly cut if for Klopp.

1 Like

The Cult of Conte is known as the COC, I presume?

Other English football managerial cults include:
The Cult of Pochettino (COP)
The Cult of Wenger (COW)
The Cult of Guardiola (COG)
The Cult of Mourinho (COM)
The Cult of Koeman (COK)

This year’s title race now looks to be a case of the COC standing proud unless the COP chase or the Kop chase are successful, or the COC makes a balls of it. But the COW will certainly milk things if they can prevail. The COG looks to have failed badly.

It won’t and if Klopp doesn’t deliver European Cup football, he’ll be moved on. Again, you come from the Chelsa/Abramovich school of instant gratification. Klopp in his first full season at the helm has Liverpool in European Cup places and you’re basically calling for his head.

Liverpool just didn’t win big games under Rodgers because he didn’t have the tactical acumen and was viewed as having an inferiority complex when he came up against the elite managers… Even in Rodgers big season of 2013/14, Liverpool lost 3 of the 4 games to their title rivals Chelsea and Man City. In 2014/15, Liverpool won 1 of 8 games against sides that finished in Top 4. Rodgers won something like 1 in 7 Merseyside derbys, a fixture that Liverpool have utterly dominated for last 15 years or so. On Rodgers one foray into the European Cup, it was a disastrous campaign where Liverpool couldn’t emerge from a very soft group that included Basle and Ludogorets.

Rodgers was a manager very much learning his trade.

Tell me how Klopp got on in his first crack at the CL?

The new camera angle at anfield is woeful

1 Like

And the atmosphere as well.

Certainly doesn’t compare to The Bridge.

1 Like

Their past glories are fading but when you’re three years in at England’s most successful club and not showing any signs of getting to grips with learning your trade, it’s inevitable you’ll be moved on.

So will Klopp be moved on if he doesn’t crack the CL in this season or next?

I don’t know know what the Liverpool board are demanding of him. I would suspect it’s more than the Top 4, last 16 of the European Cup that deems a season a success at Woolwich. I would imagine that Klopp was given a free pass for last season having taken over after season had begun. This season Top 4 finish, regular European Cup football going forward and a league title by 2018/19.

Why wasn’t Rodgers afforded 4 years for a league title?

Would you agree he was treated hastily?

Because there were signs of decline not improvement

How is finishing 8th in Klopp’s first season a sign of improvent?