Liverpool FC 2016/17/ Mousey's stag in Tipp town

As a Liverpool fan, I would agree with you. Spurs continue to do well without spending crazy money. Most of their biggest signings (most expensive) came out of the money that was coming in for Bale. Until recently, didn’t they have a wage cap in place?

They’ve also got a really top manager. Europa League is their biggest problem this season. Get the fuck out of it asap.

What happened here? I didn’t even know they were playing today - I thought it was tomorrow, chaps…

Liverpool’s defence is atrocious - I’ve said it numerous times, it’s a relegation esque defence with a top 4 attack.

I’s say top 4 is gone at this stage unless other teams around them go into free fall.

Who is to blame for that?

There’s a number of reasons, mate, some lay with Klopp others going back a few years and some financial reasons too . Your language games and continuous need to turn arguments into black and white or yes and no answers won’t be entertained today. I’m too hurt by the defeat I didn’t see.

Klopp surely has to take a lot of the blame on both tactical and personnel counts.

He chose to let Skrtel go this summer and bring in Klavan as his direct replacement. Klavan is a massively inferior player. The financial aspect of the swap was negligible.

He has chosen to freeze Sakho out of the side when he has looked a far more assured option than either Klavan or Lovren.

He had funds to spend this summer and has been in the job for nearly 18 months now and still has not attempted to address the left back problem. Milner has done a decent job there but he could be utilised elsewhere. Letting Flanagan leave on loan is also a questionable decision given the lack of cover they have in the full back positions.

Tactically there is a big imbalance with Liverpool, great going forward and poor at the back is every much a tactical thing as it a personnel problem. They front three do an awful lot of pressing but it’s generally high up the pitch and they don’t drop back - just look at Swanea’s winner today.

I think Klopp going three transfer windows and failing to address the left back position would be unforgivable.

You’re a gas fucker, another 200 words typed of the exact same drivel. :sweat_smile:

@iron_mike is dead right about what you could do with I’d say.

And I’m still right.

The barometer you seem to be applying is the instant gratification culture of the English club you started supporting a few weeks ago Chelsea. Possibly, the most successful club in England in the twelve years since Abramovich took over, but if they’re not winning the league every season, the manager gets fired.

If you look at Klopp at Dortmund, he took over a side that had just finished 13th in the Bundesliga. In his first season at the helm, they finished 6th, in his second season 5th and in his third season, won the Bundesliga. Incremental improvement over a three year period before delivering the big prizes.

Klopp inherited a shambles just over a year ago. He’s improved their league position for a start. They currently sit 3rd in the table. Liverpool has finished 7, 6, 8, 7, 2, 6 & 8 in the seven seasons this decade after the Gillett/Hicks implostion. Liverpool’s stock has fallen so much that after finishing ahead of Spurs for 38 consecutive seasons up to 2008/09, Spurs have finished ahead of Liverpool in 6 of those 7 seasons.

Rome wasn’t built in a day.

1 Like

I don’t think Liverpool have improved at all from Brendan Rodgers tenure.

All they have done is replace one manager with another on double his salary.

Liverpool lay 10th in the table when Rodgers was fired, eight games into last season. They were awful in a lot of those games, particularly the 0-3 home defeat to West Ham.

Spot on. @Nembo_Kid is the type of fella who’ll got get himself “dinner” from supermacs or a takeaway because he wants the instant hit and doesn’t have the patience to cook a nice meal. He’s a proper millennial

3 points behind Leicester City, the eventual champions.

Liverpool were awful in a lot of games under Klopp last season too.

Bizarre analogy.

You KOKs just can’t alter your mindset into taking an objective view of Klopp’s tenure as he’s a “gas character”.

He is on a bigger wedge than Rodgers because his CV is better. Would have thought that was obvious.

1 Like

And he’s expected to achieve what Rodgers couldn’t, hence why Rodgers was sacked.

We all get it - you don’t rate Klopp. I rate him but certainly don’t think he’s perfect.

The way you go on about him after every single game, he must have rode your mrs (if you have one) or something.

Early days yet. Needs to replace about 2/3 of the defence though.

I never said I don’t rate them.

I am getting at the constant excuses being made for him in the event he fails to meet expectations.

“We don’t have the resources”
“Our defence is shit”
“We have no depth”

They are all excuses that don’t absolve Klopp.

His first season was underwhelming, they have done OK so far this season but if they fail to make CL football this season, it would be a huge disappointment and he would be rightly be under severe pressure.

It is.

He should replace them but he seems like a stubborn git, his teams keep throwing away leads and conceding soft goals but he doesn’t change things.

He has to make top 4. A) to keep Coutinho and Firmino and b) to get talent in.