Liverpool FC 2016/17/ Mousey's stag in Tipp town

Klopp has a bit of form here throwing on relegation pervert Stephen Caulker last season in a few games last season up front, most notably against Norwich City where it kind of worked.

He does tend to leave it til the 87/88th minute.

Is it clear?

Klopp had 30 games in the season. Rodgers had 8. I don’t see much progression, in fact I see none, they went from 3 points behind Leicester to 21 points behind.

You’re praising a manager for throwing games now?

:grinning:

You KOKs are fucking deranged.

chocolatemice, Treatystones, balbec, Julio, Sid & fran to name but a few were saying LFC will win the league on this thread alone

harder to find posters who didnt think they would win it

I’ll tell you what mate, if Klopp finishes 7th this season and is finishing 10th eight games into next season I will call for his sacking just as Rodgers was sacked for being in those positions

1 Like

1 Like

+1

Players and supporters (from the area)can’t be listened to at all, they’re either deluded or trying to say the right things. Theres good football analysis on here much of the time, I don’t recall much claims that liverpool could win it, maybe Fran did.

The Klopp bashing is fierce boring though, that fucker would start a row with his own shadow.

If Klopp finishes outside of second this season then he will be far behind what Rodgers achieved at Liverpool.

The job Rodgers did wasn’t good enough, Klopp was brought in on a bumper contract to exceed expectations.

If he is £7m a year to achieve mediocrity then he can’t fail, the game is rigged.

Which is also ridiculous. I don’t think Liverpool fans are exclusively deluded about Klopp. I do think a different manager would be under more pressure now than he is. But the solution to Liverpool’s problems is not to try again for another manager. Get need to give someone time. Rodgers to be honest earned that but they weren’t bothered giving it to him. Klopp’s reputation and previous record should give him time too but he’ll probably be sacked too soon for some other short term project as Liverpool continue in their misguided panic for another decade.

3 Likes

I post sense, they are many people intransigent to sense on here and therein lies the problem.

Average points 2015 season
Rodgers: 1.5
Klopp: 1.6

Any fool can see that klopp has improved on rodgers

1 Like

I’m going watching a game for the next while. I’ll come back to ye at half time

Well ahead of Leicester now if that is a parameter

.1 of a points is worthy of 100% increase a salary layout. What should Liverpool pay a manager to win titles, £50m a year?

As are most of the league.

True. But then qualify it by saying Leicester were ahead of most of League in one you are using to attack Klopp.

Last run of games poor from Liverpool. Klopp needs to turn it around now.

A bit of perspective is required here lads from a neutral,

Klopp is doing a good job with a v limited squad…Liverpool don’t have the same resources as City, United, Spurs, Chelsea and arguably Arsenal.

In Klopps defence, Rodgers had the best player in the league in the form of his life in Luiz Suarez…Liverpool don’t have anything on their books near that quality at the moment…

Klopp will get Liverpool 3rd imo this season…and thats a v decent return all things considered.

2 Likes

You can never legislate for what an EPL chairman will do. If Liverpool don’t win any of those three games to extend a winless league run to 6, he’ll be under pressure.

I would expect Liverpool to win those three games though. They’ll surely beat Spurs as they invariably nearly always do at Anfield. After winning at Anfield the week before the Titanic sunk in 1912, Spurs went 73 years before they won there again. They’ve only won three league games since that 1985 win.

You’d fancy Liverpool to beat Chelsea as well. They won handily enough at Stamford Bridge earlier in the season. Liverpool have the best record in the league against their fellow top sides. Chelsea are flat track bullies who have comprehensively lost 3 of their 4 games against Top 4 sides.

Trip to Hull could be the awkward one. Hull like Swansea today will probably use up their surprise result of the season at Stamford Bridge tomorrow so Liverpool should be okay.

1 Like

They were only 3 points ahead of Klopp when he took over and they were regarded as minnows.

People keep making excuses for any failing of Klopp.

There is a big double standard in how Rodgers is viewed to Klopp. The Kult of Klopp, he gets cut a lot of slack because he’s a character. Rodgers was not as he came across a parody of David Brent - managers should be judged on the job they do, not because they are a gas man or cringey.