Liverpool FC 2016/17/ Mousey's stag in Tipp town

Utter bollocks.

1 Like

Spurs don’t belong in that sort of financial company. The three subs that Chelsea used at White Hart Lane cost Chelsea £120 million. The Spurs starting XI that night was assembled for £119 million.

I was of the opinion that Spurs in isolation from that list have spent far more then Liverpool in transfers…

Spurs owe a huge debt to Tiger Tim Sherwood and the great work he did with showing faith in young players at Spurs.

They were about to sell Harry Kane until he intervened.

Klopp won’t have the benefit of no European distraction next season unless they fall away drastically. The conditions are favourable to finish in the top four with the gap between games aiding preparation / freshness. But it’s surprising that they’ve dropped so many points against lesser sides like Swansea, Sunderland, Burnley and Bournemouth. If it’s the case that the club or the support don’t perceive themselves as genuine title challengers then I can see the likes of Firmino looking to move on.

2 Likes

Too early to judge Klopp. He has done well so far.
Rodgers was sacked as he peaked in Suarez season and then trajectory was downward with no signs of him being able to turn it around. Once a manager loses confidence of press, dressing room then it is inevitable.

Liverpool fans are happy with Klopp. Club has a long way to come back but signs for optimism with him and he seems to get the club and relate well to its fans.

Using Leicester as a baramoter results wise is silly and you know that. They had a freak season and comparing any club to Leicester gives a flawed result.

2 Likes

Absolutely. Tiger Tim is one of my all time favourite Yids.

chocolatemice, Treatystones, balbec, Julio, Sid & fran to name but a few were saying LFC will win the league on this thread alone

I always find this a strange argument as though Rodgers should somehow be apologetic for improving Suarez. He doubled his goals tally under Rodgers and then went on to improve it again. He wasn’t on the EPL team of the year for his first 18 months and then became the best player in the league. He improved significantly under Rodgers and he deserves credit for that improvement and for maximising the return for the team. It’s weird that it’s used as an attack.

I’m not using Leicester City as a barometer for anything.

Liverpool have the 5th highest assembled squad in the league, exonerating them from winning titles is crazy talk when Leicester City went and won a title last season.

Rodgers finished 7th, 2nd and 6th in his tenure.

Klopp is currently 8th, 3rd (and falling)

He is on £7m a year, the job Rodgers did was not good enogh. Liverpool have invested a lot in Klopp, surely the expectations have increased from what Rodgers failed to achieve. Liverpool continue to throw leads away, they continue to concede soft goals and they continue to be frustratingly inconsistent. What exactly has Klopp improved on?

Was Klopp hired on a contract worth £35m to get Europa League foobtall?

There hasnt been a player of Suarez class in the PL that season or since then.

Agreed Rodgers had a key role in his development…but my point is that Klopp has no one near that level of quality in his squad.

And as such you’re not comparing like with like.

Ok. I am out on this debate.

I clarified that for you. You just chose to ignore it as it doesn’t excuse unjustifiable expectations of mediocrity.

Paul Pogba cost more than the Spurs starting XI that faced Man Utd recently.

1 Like

Have Liverpool spent more then Spurs over the last 5 years?

Yes.

Find the post mate.

You edited it

Sigh

2 Likes

Cringe

I’ve no idea. But to say Liverpool don’t have the same resources as Spurs and can’t compete with them is arrant bullshit.