Liverpool FC 2016/17/ Mousey's stag in Tipp town

So they’ve both achieved nothing so far, we’re agreed?

Yes, so why the differing treatment?

1 Like

What differing treatment?

Mediocrity is acceptable under Klopp but not Rodgers.

I’ve already said he should be sacked if he continues doing badly this season and starts poorly next season. The exact same as how they treated Rodgers

You have a curious obsession with fiscal rectitude at Anfield. Relax. FSG would appear to have Liverpool on a sound financial footing now after the turmoil of the Gillett/Hicks years. A £60 million trading profit in their most recent financial statements.

They wiped out £70m of debt.

What did Herr Klopp say in his interview?

He was laughing smiling and spoofing… The normal shite out of him

4 Likes

The improvement at Dortmund was fairly instant. They had been in relegation trouble 2 years before and then finished 13th the season before he took over. Changing that to 6th and them 5th was real progress. And he did benefit form a very inconsistent era from Bayern who didn’t even finish second when he won his first title.

He’s a good coach with a decent track record but he’s been erratic and if I was a Liverpool fan I’d be concerned at the drop off in his success in recent seasons.

That said it would be ridiculous to sack him. They aren’t going to find a manager who will guarantee them more success. He’s about as high calibre a coach as they can attract. They need to give him time, they’ve been too rash in the past.

2 Likes

Bayern being poor doesn’t explain getting a record points total despite only finishing 5th the season before. Agree with most of your post other than that

Reading back on some of the comments here from 18 months in the dying days of the Brendan Rodgers regime at Anfield. @balbec is as shrewd as you get.

7 Likes

Like the night they won at Goodison

1 Like

They have only won one since…howmanu time have everton won since?

Actually won 3 times since in the league,as shite as that is.

:eek::joy:

Keep em coming Geoff, no wonder he despises you.

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

Come back Rafa all is forgiven.

Oh Jesus there’s a headshot.

I really really wish @Rocko would bring back the ignore function.
Nembo’s point may have some merit, though it ignores entirely the absence of suarez, and the fact that klopp brings a feelgood factor that Brendan, for whatever reason, didn’t.
But I’ve read it rehashed about a thousand times now.