Liverpool FC 2021/22

Have ye never seen old matches? Surely the ratoath Inn would throw on one of the old European Cup finals every now and again

I threw up an EPL team is all … Can you all calm down.

Is Steve Finnan on it?

He was before my time but anything I’ve seen or read would have him as a certain starter in any Liverpool team of all time. He had it all, according to my auld lad. We all know about his toughness, but he was a quality footballer too

1 Like

No. Steve was the best RB during the EPL period no doubt… But not sure he offers the same as Trent in a 4-3-3 …

I only saw him towards the end of his Liverpool career but Steve McMahon was somewhat underrated I reckon

1 Like

Recency bias. Finnan was a diamond

Scored the greatest goal ever at Anfield, was at the game, its when I decided english football wasn’t for me

Think there was a TV strike or something so it wasn’t on TV

@padjo please find and upload

2 Likes

Not denying it.

I’m watching Chelsea/Spurs, Redknapp is on the ht analysis.

That cunt could play. He was excellent whenever he got a run but he seemed to be constantly injured. Had a penchant for hitting a screamer

A fantastic player. Had everything in his locker… Could have been a great.

He was a good player but miles off any selection of Liverpool from the 80s to now, which would be my period of recall.
VVD and Hansen would have been some pairing,
It would be an impossible task outside of that
I’d try to fit in Rush, Suarez, Souness, Salah, Barnes, Gerrard, , far too many really.
In the 80s we hated Liverpool but respected them massively, I watched them train one day up in Cork Con before they played in Flower Lodge and it was mind blowing, they were calling Dalglish ‘Gaffer’, I thought it was his nickname and proudly told everybody I met.

3 Likes

Jesus. I always presumed you’d be late 50s early 60s.

1 Like

Allison
Finnan vvd hansen robertson
Souness Gerrard Barnes
Salah Dalglish Suarez

In age not memory that it is!!

Unreal. Check him out at 1’14 and 2’28 here

1 Like

Ray Clemence has to be the goalkeeper.

1 Like

Did you now? That’s gas.

Yep