Liverpool Football Club 2017/18

Apart from the merits of the Skoda shitcan on bog roads in Tipperary you know fuck all. Head off to the ā€œask harryā€ thread like a good lad.

Is that it, mate.

Hindsight & waffleā€¦

Irrelevant, Liverpool managed to get two players that were wanted by Chelsea and Man City, something that would have been unheard of during Rodgers era. If Liverpool and Arsenal and were to go for the same player in this transfer window it is likely that they would choose Liverpool and that is partly down to Klopp and partly down to the shambles that Wenger has turned Arsenal in to.

Yep Iā€™ve stooped to your level in the hope you get the hint.

Quote the wages there Mike.

Iā€™ve gotten the hint alright, your one of those Jackie Cahill style Pool fans. A deluded flute.

1 Like

If City or Chelsea really wanted Van Dijk then Iā€™d imagine theyā€™d have got him. Liverpool wanted them much more and thatā€™s why they got him. I donā€™t really see why Chelsea would need to spend Ā£75m on a centre back at present when there are more pressing issues.

The only difference between this and the Rodgers era is that the board are backing the manager to make statements of intent in the transfer market which they did not really do with the previous manager.

Liverpool are as much of a shambles as Arsenal are at present, maybe Klopp can become a Liverpool legend in a similar ilk to Wenger when they compete for the 4th place trophy every season. At least Wenger has some silverware in recent years to his nameā€¦

Youā€™re

Finacial??

They wonā€™t like this even though they paid Arsenal ā‚¬40m for a Player who never flourished there. How much are they paying Ox per week?

Klopp has saved his career mate.

This thread lighting up

Klopp is box office and has the lads badly rattled.

2 Likes

I think the reason klopp gets a bit more slack is that Liverpool are very easy on the eye. They play football, ironically, not unlike celtic in the laarson /moravcek era. Great going forward, cover your eyes at the back.
Heā€™s doing pretty well really.

3 Likes

Itā€™s the worst case scenario for KOKs, their primary and focal excuse has not just gone up in flames.

@Nembo_Kid is the embodiment of the Sky Sports culture. Everything is short term with them, they can never let a manager build anything. It is clear Liverpool have improved every season under Klopp and if that continues as it should theyā€™ll be in a great place going forward

1 Like

Thatā€™s not me, mate.

Iā€™m wondering why certain managers are afforded time while others arenā€™t. If youā€™re going down that line of excuse you need to apply it consistently.

Managers are afforded time when the team is improving. The team was going backwards under Rodgers, the team is improving under Klopp. Its very easy to understand I wouldā€™ve thought

Rodgers never received the same sort of backing as Klopp has. If he did then maybe he would still be in a job. Liverpool havenā€™t sold off their best players under Klopp, they have actually fought hard to keep them.

Iā€™d imagine Suarez was going no matter what.

The Suarez and Coutinho stories are actually very similar. The summer before he left Liverpool broke contract law to keep Suarez ffs. Coutinho will likely leave next summer too. I think if Klopp was his manager Sterling wouldnā€™t have wanted to leave so badly but that is just speculation on my part.