Liverpool Football Club 2017/18

You’re talking through your hole mate. Arphexad, Anelka, Cheyrou, CissĂ©, Cissokho, Diomede, LeTallec, N’Gog, Plessis, Pongolle, Vignal. Not a fucking dud among them.

7 Likes

CissĂš did savage work for the hairdressers of Liverpool.

Oh Jesus, my eyes.

3 Likes

That says more about Liverpool’s scouting competence than the merits of the French league .

Aye, there was a lot of scouting needed for Anelka alright.

Anelka went to Liverpool on loan from Real Madrid it seems .

Houllier decided not to make the loan permanent after an impressive 6 months.

In fairness he did buy a gem instead - El Hadji Diouf.

Diouf.

1 Like

I just rolled off French nationals, but if you were to open it up to the rest, you could be going for quite sometime

Snap. I remember watching Diouf absolutely destroy France at the WC in 2002 and thinking what a signing they were after making. He then scored two on his debut. I think he scored once after that in two years :joy:

Still, Salif Diao was a right gem.

There were some good ones too tbf, like Champions League winner Djimi Traore

Cisse was one of the biggest letdowns. Houllier kept saying ‘oh we will have Cisse next season and he’s class’ and he turned out utter shit. A professional footballer striker who seemed to never hear of the offside rule.

1 Like

Sinama Pongolle wasn’t bad. Did ok after in Spain too.

1 Like

It was never boring with EHD . He livened things up where ever he went . A character is a game devoid of them .

A character was Paul Gascogne.

Diouf is a scumbag and that’s being harsh on scumbags.

2 Likes

Ah ya but it takes all sorts .

The lad that beat his wife was a ‘character’ but the other fella is the uber scumbag?

2 Likes

Oooft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7dFMbubxr4

1 Like