Liverpool Football Club 2017/18

Ooofty

I’m saying that he has not won anything with Liverpool three years into the job and hasn’t even managed a title charge 3 years into the job?

You’ve simply got to ask the question where are Liverpool going? They have significanlty upped the investment in the club but the same old failings are happening as have been throughout his tenure.

You talk about progress. I see Liverpool being little better off than when Rodgers left with significant investment and backing being put behind his replacement, with little sign of tangible improvement.

Once again you’re there with the financial doping comment, we’ve already knocked that one on the head, Liverpool are more guilty of financial doping than Chelsea are at present. Klopp just doesn’t seem to be a very good manager.

Rodgers tried to return a big club to their former glories at Liverpool, he failed - much like how Klopp has failed.

21 points behind Leciester in 15/16
17 points behind Chelsea in 16/17
20 points behind City in 17/18 at the halfway stage

FAILURE.

Ferguson failed at United by your logic.

Incorrect.

Ferguson won many trophies and proved himself to be a very successful manager, even if he did in an ungracious way through his bullying and intimidation of match officials.

Klopp has shown no real signs of progress, if he had been judged under the same criteria as Rodgers was he would be out of a job by now.

It is typical of the modern day uninformed football fan calling for the head of Klopp because he can’t compete with financial dopers like Chelsea and Man City despite glaringly obvious signs of progress.

He should be able to compete with financial dopers as he is at one himself. If Klopp was judged under the same criteria as Rodgers was then he’d be out of a job.

A sound business and footballing decision by FSG to sack Rodgers and replace him with a competent manager. Once Suarez left, the emperor had no clothes. Rodgers has since confirmed the suspicion that he lacked the required character to be a top manager by taking the cowardly decision to join Celtic. His record in Europe with both Liverpool and Celtic is lamentable.

It’s disgusting the way ye cunts lament a former Manager like Rodgers who did his best & ultimately came closer than all previous Chiefs since the late 80’s.

Liverpool preach History but modern days fans knocking Rodgers efforts and besmirching his Work since are a disgrace.

How has Klopp shown himself to be a competent manager? Unbridled faith in car crash defenders like Moreno and Lovren, choosing Lettuce Hands in goal for three years? No trophies? Regular collapses from winning positions, the same old failings and erratic results happening again and again and again.

Liverpool, one of the richest clubs in Europe, are flat lining into mediocrity, just there to make the numbers up.

Rodgers at least mounted a sustained title challenge, if the board had supported him in the same manner that they have done with Klopp, there is nothing to really contend that Liverpool wouldn’t be in a better position right now.

I’m not a huge fan of Rodgers as a manager either.

They can’t argue their way out of this one. The Board never supported Brendan like they have done with Klopp in the transfer or wage department.

Liverpool have the worst record of points dropped from winning positions in Europe this year.

1 Like

Judging him by his first three seasons he was a failure.

Klopp is a winner. Attracting world class players to Liverpool.

Rodgers cane very close to winning the league but failed to build on it and then it came badly unstuck.

Next six months are a big time for Klopp. Needs to show he can build a team to challenge and needs to progress in Europe. Team is not far away once Keita added and a new keeper.

I judge Ferguson by the silverware he had with United

I do similar with Klopp at Liverpool.

Klopp has won nothing, I’m just surprised how the KOKs can sit here and defend Klopp while justifying the way Rodgers was dealt with.

Rodgers had his chance. Came very close. Then it all fell apart. Going to Celtic was a poor career choice for him in my opinion.

Klopp is box office. Needs to get his team more balanced and efficient. But he has made Liverpool box office which is huge in the modern game. Any other club apart from City would gladly swap managers

This is the crux of this astounding KOK phenomenon.

Klopp hasn’t even come close…

The graph is moving in right direction. If countinho stayed or money invested properly to replace him then Liverpool with Keita added is a v strong line up.

All that is conjecture.

They’re 20 points behind City now.
They were 17 behind Chelsea last season and 21 behind Leicester the season before that.

That doesn’t really look like much in the way of progress to me. It’s the same old failings that still keep getting to Liverpool. The one difference between Klopp and Rodgers is that the Liverpool board have backed Klopp hugely.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: