Liverpool Football Club - 2020/2021

I’ve always found this very sad & way below the belt on the part of whatever poster.

Wouldn’t mind a bit of harmless jibing alright.

Was there a better Premier League winning side than last season Liverpool team under Klopp?

1 Like
1 Like

The only comparison is the City team of the previous two seasons

Canceling. Ordinary.

Leicester was pretty amazing too tbf.

That was more for the romance of it all.

Like last season with City missing their centre halves - Virgil is a piece that can’t be replaced.

1 Like

City 18/19 won the EPL in a season where the league was strong as it had all four European finalists. They are best by a pube hair from Liverpool 18/19

The Arsenal invincibles of course.

Liverpool played Juventus at Heysel.

Great lads to get a draw

Can’t disagree with that.

Immigrants, they get the job done.

Bizarre to try to justify Heysel by something that happened against a completely different team the year before

3 Likes

That’s exactly it … Liverpool also pushed city to be almost perfect the season before - the physical and mental fatigue of that was also a factor for city I felt and you can see that now with Liverpool.

Hunger is an incredible driving force - Liverpool havent had it this year and a combination of mileage and injuries have stunted them. That’s sport.

You raise a very valid point about hunger

I noticed a couple of very blatant shirks of challenges by Liverpool players. 50/50 balls that were there to be won. Salah had a couple and Wijnaldum had a terrible one in the second half. Completely shit himself.

Pundits laying the blame on Thiago is interesting - Klopp is playing him in the pivot - the Fabinho role - he doesn’t have the legs to cover the full backs and Henderson wasn’t there to plug holes either last night.

It’s very noticeable how bad Trent is when Virgil isn’t there

Jota is definitely a loss, he’ll have no bother trying to find his way back in to this team at the minute.

Any league win is a great win.

Liverpool ended 30 years of waiting last year - There were similar scenes when utd won it back in 92. The traditional teams will always draw a bit more fanfare when they win it… Leicester’s achievement was incredible and a better achievement in many ways than Liverpool / City winning it in recent times.

Leicester was magical.

Christ I’d love to see them do it again.

1 Like

But there was no expectation on Leicester to win it either when they did … Expectation is something that has weighed heavy on many a team over the years.