Liverpool Football Club - 2020/2021

The current Leicester team has had a good few quid invested and has decent depth. Ranieriā€™s team had Wes Morgan, Danny Simpson and Drinkwater as regular starters. Frankly unbelievable achievement

1 Like

three terrific players - Drinkwater has since gone to shit at Chelsea but he was brilliant before he went wrong.

Simpson was a terrific player and Wes Morgan an incredible leader.

Iā€™d have no issues with Brendan Rodgers leading Leicester to it. I think heā€™s a very good manager and has received a lot of stick over the years. I think if they donā€™t win it, he will be managing Chelsea next season.

There was plenty on them from 10 games out.

True, but Vardy was on fire that season, not so much this.

Itā€™ll be also great to wind up the Scouse Footix here if Leicester have won more EPL titles (football was invented in 1992) than Liverpool

Shit, wrong login.

3 Likes

Not to mention Mahrez and Kante

Kante was the best player in the EPL over a 2/3 year period there.

I donā€™t recall Leicester having many injuries either - a whole season can be derailed by one or two of them - and theyā€™d a tight enough squad.

Itā€™s some achievement

Yeah it was more or less the same 11/12 every game from what I recall

:rofl: :rofl:

Bar Kante, Vardy, Mahrez and Schmeicel it was a team or relgation fodder.

Simpson
Fuchs
Morgan
Huth
Albrighton
Drinkwater
Okazaki

As average as the day was long.

1 Like

Liverpool barely had any injuries up until this season.

Youā€™d have to say it was a real fuck up by the team who were their closest challengers.

Itā€™s the history of Spuds.

Bitter balls is in

Allison, Henderson, Lovren, Matip all missed significant time

When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high

Chelsea is a poisoned chalice in many ways. Very few last longer than 2 years there. He might be better avoiding them.

Man United 1998/99 would be a good bit better than Liverpool 20019/20 in my opinion. United lost 4 games over the season, 3 in the league and 1 in the League Cup, they were unbeaten in 13 games in the Champions League. Liverpool lost 8 in 2019/20, 3 in league, 3 in champions league, 1 each in FA Cup and League Cup. United had a far superior midfield in my opinion and better full backs. Other positions would be fairly even

I think he was being a tad sarcastic. But cups have no relevance in league titlesā€¦ Utdā€™s best league win was possibly their last one. How Fergie got that team to a league title is beyond meā€¦ a genius.