Liverpool Football Club - 2020/2021

Matip and Lovren have been squad players generally. Alison missed a few games at the start of last season. That was it. Henderson is a donkey.

Danny Simpson was absolutely not a terrific player

How many winning teams outside of Barca and Real over the years - Have 11 super stars starting regularly? Thereā€™s usually a few top lads and the rest are made up of mixed ability. Of Liverpoolā€™s team last year, how many would you say were top class? ā€¦ Teams pull together to work.

this is it. A very subjective thing - but for me, absolutely top class -

nobody in their midfield - Fabinho being the closest

Allison, Virgil, Mane and Salah four

Like City - they had Kompany, Ferandinho, Silva and Aguero as their four for years

Agreed.

They won a lot of games 1-0 as well. Very tight.

Man Utd certainly had the better midfield on paper and the greater trophy haul over one season but Iā€™m surprised they only accumulated 79 points in a moderate enough Premier League (before the big money arrived). Winning the three big trophies in one season is some achievement though.

When they battered City at the Etihad the expectation came on them after that. They had a very solid two banks - non complicated full backs, Kante doing trojan work and Mahrez and Vardy dovetailing to win games.

Ferguson winning the title with the 2011 and 2013 teams was a very good achievement. On paper Man City had a better squad at the time.

Only lost three times I think. Twice to Arsenal and once to Liverpool?

He paid a fortune for a striker so he could sail off into the distance. Which was fair enough, that was his right given the years heā€™d spent there and the shithole heā€™d dragged them out of.

correct. Arsenal battered them early in the season - they got a bit wobbly on the run in - drew 3 of the last 5 after winning the previous 5.

I watched the City vs Leicester game, Pep played a high line with slow backs and the press folded like a cheap suit, Vardy absolutely destroyed them

So Liverpool paid massive fees for duds?

No, Liverpool received massive fees for duds. Although the Bournemouth gravy train is gone now so theyā€™ll need another source of income to replace that.

Iā€™m not sure where you got that from.

Robertson
Hendo
TAA
Milner
Gini
Firmino
Fab
Gomez

Are all good pros and maybe only Fab commanded a decent transfer price.

Ā£40m for Oxtail Chambermaid
Ā£50m on Keita

I was citing Liverpoolā€™s starters/mainstays last year. The Ox missed the whole year bar the tail end. Naby lad has proved a dud.

Huge money.

I think Liverpool have now a higher wage bill than Man Utd.

the financial accountants are in obsessing over other peoples money.

Signing out

3 Likes

Fair play lads, ye got him to bite eventually.