Liverpool Football Club - 2020/2021

Strange logic from you claiming he’s the problem.

Something seriously wrong there. He looked sour enough even after scoring the first goal.

1 Like

I’d tend to agree with you. While Salah’s been quiet in a lot of games at least he’s scoring goals. Firmino is a year older than Salah and Mane and is more dispensable. Misses so many decent chances and with a prolific number 9 the reliance on Salah and Mane to do all the scoring would be lessened. Jota was flying it before the injury.

Impeccable source Kevin Palmer is hinting FSG are saving up for a big splash in the summer. Haaland a possibility given the rumoured release clause.

1 Like

John Henry is looking down the side of the couch for change at the minute. They won all around them & they haven’t a bob.

Mbappe mate :wink:

In all seriousness, they’re in for the two centre halves at Leipzig. They’ll buy one of them at least, maybe the pair.

If they buy both, Matip will be on the way out you’d feel. Shaqiri, Origi, Ox, Kieta and Milner could all be gone. I would hate to see Salah go. I think signing a number 9 would be a good move (cc @mikehunt) and it might be another one in the 30-40 million bracket, that can be eased in, with Firmino to go after next season.

Have Liverpool scouted him?

I think poor auld Bobby lad needs gradual replacing soon anyway. He’s 30 this year and if he follows the typical Brazilian attacker trend then that’s generally when they are over the hill. He’ll have put in a solid 6 year stint this summer.

Imagine if Man Utd had signed Haaland as well last January. They’d be unstoppable!

And Messi too!

1 Like

Matip has a contract until 2024. Who would take him (or Keita or Oxlade) with their injury record?

He might stay injury free on the bench.

Keita has been the disappointing signing. We needed him to deliver as a box to box midfielder. There were lads comparing him to Steven Gerrard before his arrival😅

The weight of the number 8 jersey alone caused him an injury

Yikes

26 and 27 respectively at end of season. Could still do a job.

Liverpool would have to take a loss on both. They’ll probably shift one of them. Hard to do both in the current football economy

The EPL seems to be a graveyard for many Bundesliga recruits. It’s a fair step up.

Bournemouth.

Serie A is an attractive place for Premier League has-beens. Juve pay good wages too. Third highest wages in club football. It’s a market that FSG will surely tap into soon enough.