Liverpool Football Club - 2020/2021

Ah Neville and Carragher are better pundits in my opinion. Keane always just moans ā€œheā€™s 5 yards off his man thereā€, ā€œnot good enoughā€, ā€œthat player was just walking backā€. Heā€™s box office but Carragher and Neville provide more nuanced opinions I feel.
He had Liverpoolā€™s number this year though it has to be said.

I think he has improved a bit. A bit more divilment in him. He knows whose buttons he is pressing

Micah Richards is a good foil for him in the banter stakes.

Heā€™s an entertaining pundit but heā€™s more interested in winding up his fellow pundits & the viewers. He loves getting under the skin of the other pundits, most of all the Liverpool ones like Carragher.

Believing that hard work is the biggest factor in success is hardly revolutionary thinking

1 Like

He had a great segment with Carra where they were picking a combined team between Liverpool 2020 and Man United 1999. For every marginal call he selected the United player because ā€œhe couldnā€™t leave out one of his teammatesā€.

2 Likes

That segment sold it to me, he was solely focused on winding Carragher up, and he fell for it

Picking Giggs who scored 3 league goals that season because he was ā€œa great lad in the trenchesā€. A good pundit and I enjoy him, but not a great pundit.

1 Like

There was clip where that sky sports presenter asked Roy Keane who would win the man united team of 99 or the Liverpool 19/20 side.

Keane replied: ā€œman united one nil.ā€

The sky sports presenter replies ā€œonly one nil?ā€

Keane replies: ā€œyes we are all in our forties and fifties nowā€

It was wonderful.

4 Likes

If Liverpool arenā€™t a great team why do you get so worked up about them? Youā€™re utterly obsessed and your mood is determined by if they win or lose ā€¦ Thatā€™s some going for an average team.

3 Likes

@mickee321

Because itā€™s offensive to truly great teams.

I doubt it bothers them.

1 Like

We need a definitive list of the top 5 soccer/football pundits in the British and Irish media. Eamonn Dunphy surely figures.

Steve McManaman would edge Eamon Iā€™m afraid

1 Like

I donā€™t think any serious Liverpool fan regard them as an all time great team. If they win another league then maybe you can start the conversation but for now theyā€™ve had a brilliant three years and delivered some big silverware.

1 Like

Alisson blunderland

1 Like

Chris Sutton is an enjoyable pundit, knowledgeable and a good laugh.

1 Like

No heā€™s not

1 Like

Think Sky had that out 2 hrs ago

Paul Merson is very good

4 Likes