Liverpool Football Club 2022/23

Spot on. Incredibly that has mever been mentioned before.

1 Like

Shocking if true.

Two votes in this house lost for the green party

Some great stuff here.

That Barmby goal was just after he’d signed from Everton. None of this not celebrating lark

I reckon it has, but you didnt seem to

COTY nominations do not require explanation, regardless of the nominee or the nominator. We had a fella here once who nominated Vicky Phelan for COTY.

Jesus Christ :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Very well said, the point scoring by the my shite smells better than yours self proclaimed footix slayers on here is truly bizarre.

1 Like

Afair, a load of money was robbed by a bad apple in charge of the council. He’s infamous. So infamous I can’t remember his name.

The following day UEFA official Gunter Schneider said: “Only the English fans were responsible. Of that there is no doubt.”

British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher echoed this sentiment, saying “There are no words, there are no possible justifications; the blame is entirely for England.”

However Belgian judge Marina Coppieters published a report after an 18-month investigation in which she concluded that while English fans were culpable, the blame should be shared with Belgian police and authorities.

Lot of Maggie Thatcher fans on here it would appear.

Liverpool fans were jailed mate

1 Like

Wether it was inevitable, which it was, is irrelevant. Liverpool fans were responsible… But what @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy and @StoneCold never mention is that many of those jailed were done so on the back of evidence given by many decent Liverpool fans there that night.

2 Likes

i always mention that mate

6 Likes

You’ll see it all on TFK.

I’m willing to give @Funtime the benefit of the doubt in that maybe he dealt with Sean Cox in a personal or business capacity before the attack in Liverpool and was nominating him for COTY off the back of that.

1 Whether.
2 It was on telly.
3. You’re right.
4. Liverpool shamefully appear to have collective amnesia as a club over what happened.
5. It might have happened if the Liverpool thugs intent on attacking the innocent bystanders who had gone there to watch a football match had been replaced by any other group of English football thugs, but they weren’t. It was Liverpool fans. It jars that the club is so vocal about Hillsborough yet so quiet about Heysel.

1 Like

I think it’s got slightly ‘better’ about talking about Heysel, perhaps because the current ownership are so removed from that time. For decades, I’d imagine it was the shame. That - and it wasn’t their battle to fight. Whatever stance they took would have been criticised, so they took a stance of silence for a long time (which was wrong).

The club’s battle was around justice for Hillsborough. That’s why they were so vocal. Juventus’s battle was around justice for their victims, which they got through the courts

Are you giving @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy the benefit of the doubt also? He’s been asked to apologise for his own comments and behaviour and instead he pulls up twitter comments that point to the behaviour of other Liverpool ‘supporters’, while never addressing his own failings.

PS well done @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy on learning how to embed tweets again.

1 Like

Yes they served their time. The independent investigation concluded that the other guilty parties got away with it.

What did the journalist from the athletic write that upset Klopp so much?