Liverpool Football Club 2022/23

Tadic is a genius. Good bet for Golden Ball at the World Cup.

Joel is always good fun.

If rangers lost four nil to that Ajax side they can’t be at much and they were hopeless against Celtic too.

I’d say the rangers and Ajax squads weren’t assembled for the price of Dario Nunez who’s a sub for Liverpool.

These groups in the champions league are largely a formality.

Darragh Maloney said there tonight that Ajax spent over €100 million in the summer alone which is more than Darwin. I’m sure their net spend was decent though after selling Anthony and Martinez for about €200 million😅

2 Likes

Theyre a tricky European opponent, Liverpool went off a weak 8/15 tonight and got it done in fairness to them. Like, their set pieces, Salah off the post, they pushed for it and were rewarded.

United against a similarly tricky Sociedad started a similar price and spat it out.

That Lpool team is on the way down but their mentality is elite. United need to clear the likes of Maguire, Shaw, Ronaldo, dozy lads like Wan Bissaka, useless lads like Brandon Williams.

The United team that started v Lpool with 11 focussed, mobile, diligent players is the template. The Argentine centre back is the best footballer at United technically and also has the best mentality so things are looking up.

1 Like

Didi has all the look of a pintman

3 Likes

There’s kind of no point in Liverpool anymore. They’ve had their great era and didn’t really win much. The quadruple was the one chance to properly go down in history for that team and they blew it. They can’t compete financially any more so haven’t pups chance of winning the league again. At least united shite and all as they are have the money to hope things improve.

1 Like

I’d say the cab is booked.

Are you right in the head?

Ajax were very poor

Coach Klopp is building his third great team right before your eyes. Thank God you’re alive to watch it.

4 Likes

The great white hope is signing Jude next summer. You’d hope he could develop into a Stevie Gerrard type lynchpin in midfield.

Nobody cares if man united beat socidead ffs. It’s a disaster competition that completely ruins the league season with all these horrible Sunday games.

The best thing is to lose all those six games and play a few kids in them.

a season defining win

Come end of season this will be looked back as a turning point

1 Like

Yere codding yereselves lads. It’s done dusted.

They can’t compete financially? They spent a 100 million on sub ffs.

United won’t make top 4 so need to throw all their eggs in the Europa basket. Far easier win that than finish top 4

Liverpool aren’t any worse than last season. It’s just the premier league is far stronger league this year. The best it’s been since probably 08 or so.

As long as we have Jurgen Klopp we’ll be fine. Post 2026 will be serious challenge alright. FSG have been blessed with him.

Not that I think they’ll do either but it’s far easier to finish fourth.

They’re not good enough to take it like that. It isn’t a tap that goes on and off. You’re a much superior judge of form to myself though.

I like aspects of the United rebuild, but I was pretty sickened with that performance on Thursday. The Argentinian has to play, ETH needs to ditch Maguire and Ronaldo. Too immobile.