Liverpool Football Club 2022/23

Bye Bye No GIF by Liverpool FC

1 Like

What do you mean fine though? They won’t get relegated I suppose. They’ve won the league and CL already. They are very very unlikely to win either again so there seems very little point to it all to me. Especially if you don’t go to the games. What are ye exactly hoping they do? Get top 4? How thrilling :roll_eyes:

1 Like

They make us dream
It means more
Tell us never.

A very special club.

7 Likes

We don’t have another game this month. Next game is October 1st at home to Brighton. I reckon Brighton won’t have a new manager bounce and we’ll stuff them. We’ll beat Rangers and then make a statement performance at Highbury against Arsenal which will lead us into the Manchester City game on October 16th. I really like the look of our October fixtures and I think we’ll do particularly well in them.

1 Like

You bastard

1 Like

I’d say they have a decent chance as ever in the CL. What teams would you rate ahead of them? Really on the balance of play they ought to have beaten Real back in May. Outside of Liverpool, City, Bayern, Real, Chelsea and PSG who else can realistically win it? Barcelona or Spurs at a push maybe. I’d say Liverpool are one of only 6 realistic winners of the comp.

Top 4 not to be sniffed at either. We only finished top 4 once between 2009 and and Klopp’s first full season at the helm in 2016/17. Basically ousted Arsenal that season, they haven’t finished top 4 since.

Ah they might I suppose most of the season is a complete waste of time though. Would anyone care if they won either cup again. They might beat united the next time they play I suppose could knock a bit of craic out of that. I’d say nobody will be watching some of the later league games there’s absolutely no point.

I forget Atletico and Napoli on that list actually. Teams who won’t win the Champions League in all likelihood but who’d give you fierce hardship and could take a couple of scalps. Inter another distant darkhorse but its nowhere near as open as it used to be. 2004 and 2005 were classics of the genre when the likes of Monaco, Porto, Deportivo and PSV all dared to dream.

We’ve conquered all of Europe

1 Like

When it’s all said and done at the end of the day when the reds were in trouble the Kop sucked one in once again for another famous European night.

Night guys.

YNWA

4 Likes

Sorry mate

That’s a very defeatist attitude, keep the chin up, we’ll give it a shot anyway.

#daretodream

3 Likes

@Arthur is raging he didn’t get a run out tonight.

1 Like

Caravaggio would have loved to have painted that.

4 Likes

I thought Nunez made a difference tonight. He is lacking confidence to knock one in, but he has defenders terrified. On corners then with him Matip and Van Djik you’ve a lot of beanstalks to cover

2 Likes

Is he evolving would you think?

2 Likes

This time next year he’ll be the greatest player in the world.

I reckon he will be a good signing in time. He brings something different to the attack

Harder to park the bus against Darwin.