Liverpool Football Club 2022/23

a few bad results & the footix are crying about financial advantage

the same footix that see no issue with paying a 15 year old 20k a week & taking him from his home country

Ah would you stop.

No point debating this any further.

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

I sent you a pm on sleeper

1 Like

Scotland isn’t a country pal.

3 Likes

Are you finding fault with them making money off players to fund transfers in?

Their attitude and application has been very poor at times. They’ve been outfought in most games and have managed to get results when they shouldn’t have had. They’ve been decent enough in a handful of games but they’ve never been impressive.

He badly, badly needs to buy a couple of midfielders but they’ve been priced out of any they’ve shown interest in. The Arthur loan thing is a joke

can we stop talking about other people’s money so and get an answer as to why Klopp has Liverpool languishing in midtable ?

How is this acceptable for Klopp? Graham Potter is roundly ridiculed yet if they win their game in hand will have the same amount of points as Klopp

I’m not mate, I don’t give a fuck about spend and money but one of the top redz used that as a stick to beat City with earlier. It’s prudent to get rid of dead wood

You’ve hit the nail on the head there with the performances actually being worse than results. They’ve got out of jail in a good few games this season and could be far, far worse off. I don’t see any indication that results are going to get better because of the performances. The back 4 looks an omni shambles. Robertsons form is gone off a cliff. Alisson is keeping ye in the top half

Sorry, I mean #tellusnever #inkloppwetrust

Ok guys.

I think there’s elements of truth from all sides here.

It’s 2023. Let’s try to get along.

Financial Fair Play rules aren’t applied to the elite coterie of super franchises.

The Leeds defeat was a freak result in terms of chances created. Liverpool had an abundance of chances in that game and just weren’t clinical. Got sucker punched at the end then. Van Dijk missed 3 gilt edge chances against Forest in one of the other 4 defeats. I’d also argue that the defeat at Arsenal was quite unfortunate with Arsenal being afforded an extremely soft match winning penalty.

On the flip side I’d say Liverpool were fortunate to oust Leicester based on two own goals from Faes. They were on the ropes at times in victories at Spurs and Villa but probably just about deserved to win both based on the first half showings. The Newcastle game was probably the main smash and grab result this season.

I would say Liverpool were very fortunate to beat City this season. An abomination from Cancelo for the Salah goal and Foden having a goal ruled out also. Villa gave Liverpool plenty of it and but for Ollie Watkins/Allisson would have been a couple of goals up

Conveniently ignoring Salah missing a 1 on 1 with Ederson and Nunez wasting a host of late chances to put gloss on it. Did City create a clearcut chance that day?

apart from the goal VAR ruled out? I wouldn’t say clear cut but they had Liverpool on the ropes and Liverpool hit them on a couple of counters, bad defending more than anything, which has been City’s downfall. I’d say on the balance of play, a Liverpool win wasn’t right that day, but fair play. Liverpool are able to raise their game against City, every time.

It’s more 2019 than 2023 mate. @Fran is back posting about the net spend trophy…

The famous XG would suggest otherwise. Like the score of the 2021 hurling final between Limerick and Cork funnily enough. The game Liverpool were fortunate in was the 2-2 at the Etihad last season imo. I only saw the first 30 mins of it before I had a match myself but I wasn’t expecting a result based on what I’d seen.

what’s Nunez’ XG this season mate? :rofl:

Putting the ball in the goals is all that counts. Unless VAR rules it out. If Foden’s goal stands then City win comfortably as Liverpool would have had to actually attack and not play counters. The couple of injury times goals that got ye out of trouble earlier this season as well when it was going really, really bad. I don’t think Liverpools place in the table is by fluke

a football discussion has finally broken out and here’s on @mikehunt typing, no doubt with the forensic accounting again.

Pep goes to the National Stud to get thoroughbreds. Klopp has to get a Citilink down to Balinasloe in October.