Liverpool Football Club 2023/24

He might not have, but most of the time he would

Before VAR refs had some semblance of masculinity and would have got on with the game.

A ref wouldn’t change their minds back then Mossy. They’d make the call and get on with it. Not sure everyone grasps that though.

Eggackly!

Very long winded reply Francis

So, before VAR he might have gotten away with a yellow, in which case Spurs would have been the ones cheated :man_shrugging:

Are Pool fans always this whiny?

https://twitter.com/JoshLFC1909/status/1708424203932672171/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1708424203932672171&currentTweetUser=JoshLFC1909&mode=profile

Even avid Man Utd Mark Goldbridge feels Liverpool were treated abhorrently. Mark is welcome in Ratoath anytime. A decent sort.

Goldbridge is an astute football man. He knew that game stinked.

1 Like

Stank/stunk

4 Likes

You said before VAR, the goal wouldn’t have been given because the ref’s mind wouldn’t have changed. I simply responded that before VAR, there wouldn’t have been a red card because the ref’s mind wouldn’t have changed. The Spurs fans don’t seem to have any issues whining alright, so I’m sure they would have whined away in the aftermath.

1 Like

The Spuds fans were whining when Conte got them into the Champions League

I didn’t say anything of the sort :man_shrugging:

Jesus, go easy mate

You said “before VAR”, refs got decisions wrong all the time, but didn’t seem to accept they’d get two decisions ‘wrong’ in the one game (e.g. have ruled a legit goal offside and given a yellow to a fella who technically deserved a red)

Conte sacrificed himself for things to change at the club. Anything they achieve in terms of dvd releases going forward is down to him.

3 Likes

@backinatracksuit we are all biased about the object of our footixdom but you have seriously Spurs tinted glasses for a chap who claims to not give a fuck about it all. I’ve good time for you most of the time but you’ve history here and I presume you’re just on windup and not at all serious.

Here you are when Harry Kane got away with the most obvious red card challenge of the season two years back.

5 Likes

That was a horrendous tackle. Far worse than what Curtis got sent off for yesterday. @backinatracksuit also seems to have glossed over Jota’s first yellow being a farcical decision when reviewing the referring performance.

What’s your point?
You’re going back to a match from a few years ago where my comments are extremely vanilla :man_shrugging:

Refs have made mistakes forever, that’s all

You’re gonna fall out with me over an opinion on a game of soccer :astonished:

Sorry for the double reply but you had a heavy edit

My point is your opinion means jackshit when it comes to VAR/ refereeing decisions when Spurs are involved