Living Alone

:lol:

Haven’t negotiated a rent in Dublin in almost 6 years but I reckon you’d be looking at about 800 - 900 for a reasonable decent 1 bed at the moment. Think that’s reasonable enough for the advantages of living alone.

Can’t see myself ever going back to sharing, in the unlikely event I ever get married I’m unlikely to co-habit.

It really is wonderful to no longer be woken in the middle of the night by Arshavin23 roaring in his sleep.

Tinnion, do you ever get lonely though?

Perhaps at times in my first month Bandage as I was in a new city where I didn’t know anyone and didn’t have any mates (one could say I had no mates in Dublin also) but that passed after about a month and now it’s wonderful.

Can always head to a bar for a beer if you’re bored. Or Starbucks to read your Kindle and have a coffee if you’re that way inclined.

Wonderful in that you don’t mind having no mates, or that you actually have a lot mates.

Knowing your personality I would say it is the former.

Living alone is great. Not as good as living with a woman obviously. But still great.

Living with men is frankly unnatural and not what nature intended at all.

Reading the things that are wrong thread there has brought back some memories of living with Arshavin23 and TP McNally and I have to say I bloody love living alone.

No one to create a mess only yourself, no one to make noise only yourself. It’s a wonderful feeling waking up on a Saturday, ambling down to the shop, getting a newspaper, grabbing a coffee and then relaxing in a nice quiet apartment with some quality reading.

I’m firmly of the opinion that the general public has nothing to offer me.

How much is rent on a one-bed in NY Tinnion?

Would your life be similar to this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ltTL6DOyg

Worst memory of sharing: A drunk navvie from Leeds pissing on my bed with me in it.
Best memory of sharing: Being allowed to sleep between two Aussie birds because I was ‘cold’. That was lovely.

P

Can’t seem to play that video Thraw but from what I can see I’m a good bit uglier and chubbier than that guy to start with.

As for New York rent, you could expect to pay between $2000 and $3000 for a reasonable place in Manhattan, depends on where you want to live. You can’t put a price on living in the best city in the world though.

Worst part of living with other people for me used to be when I’d go home to Wexford for the weekend and come back up on Sunday to find someone had had some ugly bird in my bed and both parties had left the ‘mark’ behind. Then finding the same person had taken my favorite hoodie which I wouldn’t see again for months.

I have nothing positive to say about living with other people.

A damning indictment of your Kindle and iPad there that you have this technology at your disposal and still prefer the printed media.

I only use the iPad for the Irish newspapers. And even then I only buy the Pressreader edition which is an exact replica of the printed edition. I just don’t like the iPad offering for some other newspapers, I just don’t get the feeling that I’m reading the ‘full’ paper when I read the iPad edition. I’m particularly disappointed that I can’t get the NY Times on Pressreader.

I have an iPad subscription to The Economist too and it only seems to have a quarter of the articles the printed edition does. I find this immensely frustrating.

Christ. I would never have put up with that shit. I sub-letted to two girls and booted them out after three days when they brought work colleagues home after their work stint in a pub with a load of cans and woke me up on a Sunday night. Perhaps I’m a cunt but I need my sleep and for me I had no qualms about showing them the road.

Could you not have just locked the room Brian?

The person that stained my bed was one of the lads I used to hang around with, nothing I could do about it really. You could ask that they don’t do it on your bed as earnest as their promise is you know it goes out the window at 3am on a Sunday morning.

Locking the door wasn’t an option either, the lock was broken one night after the door was kicked in.

What was wrong with his own bed Brian?

I moved out from my parent’s house and started to live on my own when I turned 20. Yes it was frightening at first, but you’ll come to love it as days passed. What scared me more was how to face problems you didn’t anticipate, such as, bills including rent, utilities like gas and electricity and the cost of groceries may catch you by surprise, especially if you are used to your parents providing for everything. It’s really hard if you don’t know how to manage your finances.

Very valuable advice there dianehowell. Fortunately, many of our members here have not left home yet.

Good points Diane. I’m sure you could never have anticipated having to pay bills and rent when you moved into rented accomodation.

ROCKO DELETE THIS SPAM.

Thank you. This will serve as a heads up for those who are planning to leave home and live alone.