Local and European election candidates

I know fooley is a dullard but is he really up in arms about a library being built in his community -weirdo

No, no.

Any good twitter accounts for election coverage, chaps?

Surely our children are entitled to state of the art facilities, pal. Can you direct me to a list of the candidates who were opposed to the new library so I can push them down my order of preference

The baths would need a lot more than 2m to be restored

If it is of direct benefit to me then I would give them strong consideration. What’s wrong with improving infrastructure? Would you prefer to be traveling on dirt roads or sitting in traffic for hours

@adriankavanagh

Holey has already pointed out why it was a white elephant. If you are too dumb to see that I can’t imagine what use you would have for a library anyway.

So you don’t have an opinion yourself, you’re just going on what someone else said. You never answered my question by the way

Unlike the cultural wastelands of fingal and QLD which you inhabit, dun laoghaire is well catered for and, even if a new one was required, it shouldnt be at such cost both financially and aesthetically

What? Why would I repeat what has already been explained for you? It is widely considered to be a spectacular waste of public money. You seem to be confused between “improving infrastructure” and “a big shiny new thing”.

[QUOTE=“Fran, post: 948131, member: 110”]Surely our children are entitled to state of the art facilities, pal. Can you direct me to a list of the candidates who were opposed to the new library so I can push them down my order of preference

The baths would need a lot more than 2m to be restored[/QUOTE]

Theres state of the art facilitiesc in the recently refurbished library in deansgrange whilst the library on georges st is a lovely building and could have been extended.

Surely a greater gift to the children would have been an unmolested moran park and the green space it provided? Whereas the money could gave been spent infinitely better in other ways to benefit the children of the area

You’re the one who thinks it’s a bad idea to improve the road network

o_O:confused::confused::confused::D:D:D

[QUOTE=“artfoley, post: 948162, member: 179”]Theres state of the art facilitiesc in the recently refurbished library in deansgrange whilst the library on georges st is a lovely building and could have been extended.

Surely a greater gift to the children would have been an unmolested moran park and the green space it provided? Whereas the money could gave been spent infinitely better in other ways to benefit the children of the area[/QUOTE]

The library on George’s street is most likely a protected structure and there would be strict limitations on what you could do to it. I’m not sure where they would extend to either.

The People’s Park is 30 seconds walk away (from Moran Park).

[QUOTE=“Fran, post: 948167, member: 110”]The library on George’s street is most likely a protected structure and there would be strict limitations on what you could do to it. I’m not sure where they would extend to either.

The People’s Park is 30 seconds walk away.[/QUOTE]

Limitations on the facade, there was and is the possibility of extending out the back.

And the council is slowly making a fuck of the PP too

[QUOTE=“artfoley, post: 948168, member: 179”]Limitations on the facade, there was and is the possibility of extending out the back.

And the council is slowly making a fuck of the PP too[/QUOTE]

There’s probably limitations on internal structures, staircases etc. also. That in itself would incur significant additional cost

I would prefer if they spent €35m on the one in George’s Street as it is handier for me

[QUOTE=“Fran, post: 948169, member: 110”]There’s probably limitations on internal structures, staircases etc. also. That in itself would incur significant additional cost

I would prefer if they spent €35m on the one in George’s Street as it is handier for me[/QUOTE]

Its most unbecoming of us as dun laoghaireans to be rowing in public like this. I suggest pistols at dawn in moran pk!

Not if this miserable weather keeps up

is that half wit fooley really up in arms about a new library, what next a burning of the books in the library at deans grange to pacify him

fooleys formative years in thatchers britain have had a terrible affect on him