Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

16 Likes

It’s not just your quality, it’s the sheer quantity of your exercise that is inspiring/disgusting in equal measure. Fair play pal.

2 Likes

Thanks mate. It’s selfish for the most part, I greatly enjoy it, and get antsy if I don’t do something. I’m only not selfish when I bring the young lad out (he wouldn’t get up this morning so we’ll go Monday instead).
Poor oul Claire had a bit of a cry this morning after, she found it too hard, but she’s been working late and long the past while and looks weary.
Mick is steadily improving but it’s nice. He chats away to Claire and the pace is much slower (5.35ish when he comes). I like listening to them chatting, but I feel the run itself at that pace just batters my joints without really giving me any gain.
My aim is to get him out there times a week.

1 Like

It is a great run mate at that speed on your own. Great.

1 Like

Chorlton-cum-Hardy Golf Club sounds like the most masonic Tory place imaginable.

That’s why we run the other way usually.
Chorlton is actually quite nice. Full of health food shops and the like.
It’s as far from masonic as you’d ever get. Middle class young professionals, teachers, social workers and lesbians.

1 Like

52 mins is a bridge too far for me I’d say. My best at the moment is 55, I could do 54, possibly 53:30

2 Likes

Great distance this morning @Gman. 10k at an ambling 5:12 pace this morning and I’m back in love with it again.

4 Likes

It doesn’t sound much, two minutes, but if you think of how far you’d run in two minutes, it’s a long way.

Savage stuff :clap:

1 Like

Ah I’ll give it a go, it’s back to back 26 min 5kms which is a stretch for me

1 Like

I think 50 minutes for 10k is a great target for a man in reasonable shape

1 Like

:anguished:

1:10 for me so.

You need to stick with it, but you enjoy resistance training more than cardio so it’s not something that you’d invest the miles into

You’d do it within 6 months if you really wanted to

I think you’ve forgotten I ran a 1.29 half marathon when we were study buddies. I was in absolute prime fitness tho and 11 years younger.

2 Likes

I don’t think I have run 10km in my life

Savage times in my running group this morning, most lads knocked 30 to 40 seconds off the last run. Was perfect conditions for it.

Great to see so many people out and about running.

2 Likes

@Thomas_Brady forgot to take the Fitbit off his dog before he put a photo up on Facebook

4 Likes

Man is on drugs…

11 Likes