Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Eh :thinking::thinking:

my apologies for my negativity.

I donā€™t mind that.

But a livestrong bracelet???
Gimp

the heady days of June 2004, Livestrong bracelets had only descended in the US and proudly wore one for about a month that summerā€¦the sheen had gone off it by the time i returned home to the Sunny south east as a bronzed adonis, nonetheless i make no apologies.

Kindly retract your statement below and we can all move on in positivity

I bet your wandering round all week in black Farah slacks and a red polyester polo shirt

how much?

Some electronic money

iā€™ll take payment of any 1 of any coin you have.

its this polo short for starters

1 Like

Hi Fulvio, get yourself a foam roller and do 10-15 minutes of rolling before (and potentially after) you run. Itā€™s changed my life in ways I never thought possible

3 Likes

We go again.

An easy 3km in 18 minutes this evening where I started V2 by Robert Harris a work of fiction about the rocket attacks on London at the end of 1944.

2 Likes

I had a savage session with the physical therapist earlier. Iā€™m back Wednesdayā€¦ tremble with fear.

2 Likes

4zyen2

1 Like

A tip for yourself (I know youā€™ve been out of it for a while) and the new runners

Invest in a few pairs of good running socks, they genuinely make a difference in the comfort of your feet,
I like to wear Stance or Steigen.

What you wear on your feet makes all the difference

3 Likes

I couldnā€™t agree more

1 Like

Thatā€™s good advice. Thanks. Will do. I wore compression socks for my Friday time trial.

This seems like a good Irish owned shop and 3.50 delivery. I ordered the flip belt here today.

https://www.therunhub.ie/store/filtered/d_6/sd3_d9c5818b5ad9/

Cc @Thomas_Brady @Bandage marginal gains

5 Likes

Weā€™ll be broke from all the top end running paraphernalia.

This running lark seems to involve sizeable expense. Iā€™ll have to get the mother-in-law to stop buying me Padraig Harrington golfwear and stock up on this stuff.

4 Likes

Can we get a list of must haves so farā€¦

Garmin
Compression leggings
Belt
Socks
Nike trainers

The Steigen are lovely, I have about 8 different pairs
Hereā€™s a few

Stay away from Nike runners @Thomas_Brady and youā€™ve no need for compression leggings unless itā€™s for recovery

4 Likes