Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

That’s my birthday a Christmas presents sorted for a few years now

1 Like

I ordered one of your belts off AliExpress…3.50 :+1:

1 Like

No wonder your hammers are fucked, get Asics or adidas

I think I’ll treat myself to a pair of spikes in the summer and roll the years back

Tis all the one, I only buy socks in Dunnes so I’m fucked regardless of footwear.

I’d say I do 90% of my running in Nike and have never had any issues.

2 Likes

Some lads think you can only run in asics

1 Like

Yep, running shoes very much depends on the individuals. One of my friends is a lovely natural runner. Has ran two marathons (3’28 in 2013; 3’21 in 2017) without doing huge training blocks in advance of them (I’d say his max training weeks were 45-50km and there were not many of them). He runs in Asics Gt2000, a shoe prescribed for overpronators. He says they work best for him, so he ain’t changing, although he doesn’t look like an overpronator.

I was looking at some Hoka Torrent 2s lately for the trails but wanted to buy Irish (especially as they’re a new shoe to me and wanted a relatively easy process for returns). Nowhere in Ireland has them in my size. I was going to order the reliable Salomon Speedcross instead, but again I couldn’t get a single pair in my size.

1 Like

They obviously never watch major marathons

Nike Zoom x invincible

52 per cent injury reduction

https://www.nike.com/ie/t/zoomx-invincible-run-flyknit-running-shoe-lQ6JKM/CT2228-101?cp=35596902505_search_||10564800174|103186513854||m|EN|cssgeneric|454138246558&ds_rl=1252249&gclid=Cj0KCQiAvvKBBhCXARIsACTePW9yrPctkUr8f-kJ43Ti9c6XIOLrAnqDZAD_9GvuXbREXlViEHipJYoaAi8BEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

This thread was set up to push products on us…

1 Like

Coming across a load of sites online for running shoes and gear that I can’t get in Ireland

Trekinn.com
Bergfreunde.eu

Anyone have any experience of any of these places?

Not personally, I know that alltricks is owned by Decathlon and is supposed to be very good, reliable etc.

Wiggle is a big one as well

1 Like

Never took to Nike at all, always get pain in the soles of my feet from them

First run this evening in my new runners that were suggested by @Fran. Lovely shoe so far. Definitely pushes you away from your heal and onto your toes. The fact that there are pink flashings on them isn’t an issue.

2 Likes

Just about to go out for a walk in them, I didn’t even notice the pink trim until you mentioned it

1 Like

The Mrs took one look at them and said “they have pink on them”, sure I’m stone colourblind in anyway.

1 Like

Seeing as we are having all our posts being monitored by the adverts, anyone have any good runners that helps on knee joint pain? I’ve a pair of asics and are grand, but the long distance runs have left me with fairly sore knee joints. Once I hit 8k I can start feeling it. Goes away after a day, so nothing major, but I would say a better pair or more cushioned runners would help. A website advising of good runners has a good few suggestions and most of them are in runhub. Best advice from on here tho.

I don’t think anybody here can answer that to be honest, what’s right for me mightn’t be for you.
It might be worth seeing a sports therapist if you are serious about sorting it out, insoles more likely to help than a specific type of runner. i presume you’re wearing cushioned runner?

Yeah I have a reasonably cushioned sole and I wear insoles for fallen arches. It’s as much a recommendation for a decent pair of shoes that help joints as I’d say the more I’d run, the better I’d be able for it, but want to get a decent pair to help that now that I am running more. Speed wouldn’t be the priority. I don’t think it’s a huge injury or big problem.

1 Like