Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

I did 7.63km at 5:36/km this morning, which would have been 5:33/km when adjusted for road crossing pauses. Every second counts. I must still have the 5km distance embedded in my mind, as I havenā€™t overcome my 4th kilometre mental issues. I did that one in 5:56, which was way slower than the rest, but then felt fine for the last 3.63kms. Weird.

4 Likes

Which one did you get in the end?

Iā€™m going to buy one of these and a new pair of runners on Run Hub today, along with my Garmin watch.

Iā€™m enjoying the auld running now when it was a chore up to now. Itā€™s the same journey @Fran undertook in 2018-19 and look at him now.

4 Likes

Did you become the running phenom you are late in life when other sporting pursuits werenā€™t available?

He underwent life saving surgery just a few years ago.

2 Likes

Did you know I scored all the points for Faythe Harriers in our U12 county hurling final victory in 1993?

Faythe Harriers 4-3 Cloughbawn 2-2.

Bandage (0-3, 0-1F)

10 Likes

Hole in the fence about 5 yards from the entrance to the playground carpark. Regularly used by night time runners and young lads knacker drinking.

not to take the gloss off your achievement but I believe @croppy_boy has a similar claim to fame

1 Like

He wouldnā€™t get his portly little frame through there.

You are going well pal. Go out some day and plan to run for x amount of time (45-50 minutes for example). Donā€™t worry about what distance you cover. Just get used to time on the feet.

3 Likes

Iā€™m only tipping away at the running as I canā€™t play soccer at the moment. Iā€™m concerned itā€™ll turn into a midlife crisis hobby for me.

As for overcoming life saving surgery, Iā€™ll concede itā€™s a greater obstacle to overcome than a bit of back stiffness from working on a laptop from bed for 6 months. :muscle:

1 Like

If you get up 3 times a day and do some mild stretching youā€™ll be fineā€¦ I ignored this advice recently. Important to keep hip flexors from tightening if sitting all day ā€¦ Also, counter sitting by doing glute bridges - the opposite motion. This stops pelvic tilt.

1 Like

Oh Iā€™m alright now I knocked the idleness out of the system. Naby Lad should follow the life hacks in this thread.

1991 U14 v Glynn Barntown I think. I scored all the scores for St Jamesā€™ though. Didnā€™t need any frees to achieve it either.

But did you win and were you the captain getting the cup of Larry O Gorman? Big achievement to match here.

Sadly know, such was the underachieving nature of our club during the 1990s were lesser clubs picked up soft Co titles.

it was the big clubs declaring lower divisions so that theyā€™d get handy titles which were the real winners in all of this.

1 Like

The McAllisters gate and the corner of the malahide road and back road were the ones. Went in through the ditch near McAllisters.

https://www.therunhub.ie/Flipbelt-Zipper-Black-812172020539-36711/

This one. Used it this morning. No need for messing with garmin for music. Throw the phone in this and away you go. Itā€™s a gamechanger cc @backinatracksuit

2 Likes

Im out. Pulled calve badly. On plus side, more time to study for Cheltenham.

8 Likes

Gman

Do you wear customised orthotics ??