Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Jaysus…the guards wouldn’t even ask you that

This place is effectively a freemasonry. Information shared for the community as a whole

I could put you in the Junior grade and you could walk it. You’d still come in ahead of @artfoley

Full kit wanker now.

1 Like

No. I had really bad shin splints when younger and the hard pitches would fuck me up. Diagnosed fallen arches by a physio and he said to try some standard insoles for it. They worked perfectly and I barely had an issue since. Still have those ones too for the football boots and astro runners. I picked up a pair of standard ones in a chemist for the running and I’ve not had an issue. I mainly stayed away from running on roads because of a fear of shin splints, but I havent had an issue at all with that. I do a lot of stretching and work on calves before I head off though. I know of others who needed the customised ones and I’m sure they are better, but my problem was solved very easily thankfully.

1 Like

them be fighting words you dirty piss in the powder/north cork militia bollix!

FOGRA

This is the state of play. No times have been posted with 3 full days of March past :roll_eyes:

All in green have said they are taking place. If you see your name and it’s in white let me know if you are taking part.

The Run Hub will be wondering why they’ve sold out of Flipbelts by the end of the week.

4 Likes

Hey! I live in leafy Cork South Central.

@Ashman

these were the ones I picked up for the running.

got them in a chemist in Wexford town so would assume fairly easy to get. As @backinatracksuit mentioned earlier, what works for one may not work for another, but these work fine for me.

1 Like

put me down for inter B

4 Likes

Thanks for this . Some swear by customised ones and others swear at them .

1 Like

@fenwaypark ‘s running shoes are barely thrown into the press in injured frustration and you already have him down as DNF. Harsh man.

Any lad not wearing these in March is starting 5 minutes behind

Originally invented for the USA Olympic Bobsled Team, VKTRY Insoles are designed to return energy to increase athletic explosiveness (+9.3%). The VKTRY Insole does not add energy, it reduces your lost energy.

You get out of the VK what you put into it.

Ironically You also get out of TFK what you put into it.

That’s KK for you… Taking all the fun out if it and turning it into a drab robotic exercise, ju’know.

TRAIN. YOUR. FEET.

@Thomas_Brady

1 Like

i saw these…

199 beans, be like something choc would throw into his gazelles

Correct.

Learn to land correctly and land softly.

Any lad from the outside looking in on this thread with an interest in taking up running must have totted up about 3k they need to invest before taking a single step.

Specialized runners x 4
Insoles
Socks
Belt
Recovery shorts
Watch
Strava membership

3 Likes

375 beans for the customs ones, sure youd be made to get the pre-made ones

Foam roller
Latest iPhone
Spotify membership

and some cunts were trying to get us to buy bikes this month too.

3 Likes