Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Smell of fear around hereā€¦ The lesser stags have gotten the scent of the more dominant stag it seems.

Is that the smell off your shoes?

youre more Bambiā€™s ma than da

harsh on @fenwaypark. Iā€™m sure he really is injured and not just afraid of you

1 Like

52 is someting to aim for

5 min 15 sec km?

Gunning for it now, facking send it

4 Likes

Running 3 days a row on hard ground at the weekend left its toll on me. A lot of tightness above and below each knee at the back, and the muscle going up the inside of my knee. Rested off for a few days and heading for a ridiculously slow 5k this evening to test it out. I wonā€™t get close to 48 mins for 10k @Locke

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a fair spread between sub 42 and sub 48.
Sub 45 would be my aim. I want to get my sub 20 5k attempt done as well.

1 Like

The injuries are piling up quicker than the basket in run hub.

I had a twinge in my calf today during my (now) almost daily 3km Jog.

A lot of absolute fannies here. ā€œI wonā€™t get near this timeā€¦ Blah blah blahā€

I havenā€™t ran sub 48 for a 10k in 3/4 years but thatā€™s not going to stop. Iā€™m going to roll the dice and give it a right fucking lash

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna smash every time.

1 Like

Iā€™d like a Premier Intermediate B section of sub 55 too

2 Likes

There you go @Locke. Iā€™m the clubhouse leader, although itā€™s the equivalent of some hacker going out first and shooting an 88.

21 Likes

Clockwise or anti-clockwise? Some hill to start with clockwise.

Clockwise. Although there ainā€™t too many hills in Fingal. We have to play fair unlike the Cork crowd driving around looking for hills and tailwinds. Tis relatively flat with a few ups and downs but they could only be described as minor.

Iā€™d imagine Howth would be the only real hilly run nearby.

Paddyā€™s hill is steep enough from the malahide or seafront sides but apart from that itā€™s grand. Itā€™s more the length of that stretch up to the quarry on the kinsealy road that kills you. 7/800 metres maybe?

1 Like

The Stepford lockes

1 Like

Actually did that last night. Didnā€™t think it was too bad although it was a beautiful night.

Running Howth from the seafront to the summit would be a right hill.

1 Like

More like Jean Alesi going out early doors in a quali session at Spa-Francorchamps and posting a quick lap while the other lads are still looking at the weather forecast. Thatā€™s daycent running.

Gonna ease into this comp with a steady run this weekend. I rarely do 10kms, Iā€™m looking forward to changing it up. Iā€™m sure my mindset will be different by km 7.

Nice running, but youā€™re holding plenty back there.
Iā€™ll try to take a second off that tomorrow morning if i have time. :smirk:

43:30 is my PB for 10k. Iā€™ll be happy if I could get under 43.

I only put it up to give @Locke a bit to do.

5 Likes