Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Is 10km an easier distance than 5km? Could have ran all evening the mood I was in but said Iā€™d post a time. Perfect conditions, not too many junk miles either, plenty of up and down on that route.

10 Likes

:eek:

I would 100% agree it is easier. In the 5k you always seem to be in the red zone. The 10k is far more enjoyable when you get into a rhythm. There is a great feeling when you are cruising around the 6/7k mark and feel you have plenty in the tank to make it home. It never feels like that in a 5k.

4 Likes

I said this earlier in the week, itā€™s a far more enjoyable distance to run, once you find your rhythm you just plug away. Its not like 5k where you are balls out and gasping for most of it.

3 Likes

Can someone post up the different divisions/grades again?

Stick me in for the inter B locke. Have never actually run a full 10k before

1 Like

10k tempo, Iā€™d say itā€™s about 80% effort, just wanted to break 45 and take the clubhouse lead :grinning:
The fitbelt was worth about 5 minutes to me

19 Likes

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your recent online order.

Just a courtesy email to confirm that the watch you have purchased is to order directly from Garmin and as soon as we receive a delivery estimate from the brand someone will be in touch to keep you updated. If you are working to a timescale with this order please donā€™t hesitate to let me know and Iā€™ll make sure we work to your deadline. If you have any further questions or queries please feel free to get in touch by email or give us a call on 01335 216004.

Thank you for your valued custom.

Kind regards

ā€‹ā€‹Paige Hilliard
Eā€‘Commerce Assistant

3 Likes

A good demonstration of how woefully unfit I am at the moment, nevertheless ive completed the 10k and have a nice target to aim for by end of the month

Your move @Thomas_Brady

20 Likes

Fair play kidā€¦

1 Like

Well done Art, great to have a time logged. Youā€™ll need to take a minute off a km before the end of the month but by tipping away every week youā€™d get there.

1 Like

Great run today @bandage.

Youā€™ve got the distance boxed off and the guts of four weeks to bring the time down. And you were coasting down the final km :muscle:

1 Like

Moving time or elapsed time? :thinking:

@Bandage :flushed:

Things have been dialled up a notch today :clap:

@Bandage hadnā€™t run more than 5k ever and his first attempt at 10k is just under 57 minutesā€¦ What an incredible man.

7 Likes

Hand on heart, was at the lights at the bottom Douglas road by Tesco and couldnā€™t get across due to the traffic. I didnā€™t commit to the time until around 6.5k through up in Ballinlough when I knew there was a slope down to Douglas to work with for a decent time. You UUCOAM.

Shorten your stride slightly. Cadence is a bit slow.

Lots of drills on YouTube. Youā€™ll be more efficient

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

You were moving well, regardless. You will post a good time. Would you be aiming for sub 50?