Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Great run, @Thomas_Brady. And fair play for not toppling over on an almost entirely downhill course.

3 Likes

You can’t say much … Lot’s of minus’ on your runs these days. Thanks for the kind words tho.

Looks like there was a break or a walk between 3-4k which is in the elapsed time but maybe not in the moving time.

Lovely joshing here between e-pals @Thomas_Brady and @Bandage.

I’d can see this rivalry leading to faster times from the two.

A lovely cut to proceedings in the Intermediate division. Like the Ulster Football Championship

3 Likes

“A good fair course” - respected athlete @fenwaypark after my 5km last month.

My 10km on Thursday had 4kms uphill and 6kms downhill.

Varadkaresque guff from you, Brady. You’re a disgrace.

2 Likes

That’s the flattest route I can go from my front door…Put your time up on the group and no more about it. .

If that’s the case it would explain it, PRs and segments work off elapsed time on Strava rather than moving time

Hope to get out Paddy’s day again and will try 5m. I was very stiff after it last week so hope I’m much better the next few days.

1 Like

Head down the hill as a warm up then run on the flat.

Stiff or not you should try to get out, you’ll loosen up in no time, keep the pace very handy

1 Like

Warm up me bollix. Out the door and into the bastards… I’ve no time for fucking around with warm-ups.

2 Likes

But you’re okay with a warm down, back up Clarke’s Hill to the gaff? Sure include that in your next run.

You’d be singing a different tune if it was straight out the door and up a 25 metre hill.

2 Likes

We’re all prisoners of geography pal.

1 Like

Have to climb over a fence and go up a bank.

This is from the analysis part of your run. The bits I highlighted are where the pace dropped. If you stopped your watch or it autopaused then it will add to elapsed time which counts for the 10k PR’s but won’t show in the individual km time

Flatty, did you turn the watch on and then wait a while before starting the run? There seems a gap between the start and it picking things up too

I did. Also stopped briefly to pick up Ed, and waited a bit crossing back over the river for everyone to catch up so they knew what route we were doing (too muddy and slippy to stay that side)
I buried myself after that stop. Was goosed after.
Doubt I’ll get the chance to go again as there’ll be slower runners out and can’t leave people behind.

#wegoagain

A proper slow slog today. Suffering with all sorts of aches, pains and strains even after a decent warm up. Badly in need of @Thomas_Brady’s old wife’s tales involving sliothars, foam rollers and cricket bats to fix my joints.

11 Likes