Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Where you sore pal?

Yerra just a tightness under the right shoulder blade and a tight thigh muscle. More of an irritant than anything else. Iā€™m only an old whingebag.

Could all be lower back kidā€¦

Iā€™ve just spent 20 mins doing this with a hockey ball :laughing:

1 Like

Donā€™t have a hockey ball to hand so might improvise with a spud. :grinning:

New 400m running path and outdoor gym at Fernhill is great.

6 Likes

Bit of stiffness in my hip flexors and glute today but feeling fresh otherwise so should be able to another one on Wednesday.

If I could give you some advice, donā€™t wait till Wednesday, if youā€™re at all serious about this try to get out more than twice a week, even if itā€™s 3k before work, anything at all, get used to getting out, take it handy, it stops being hard soon enough

1 Like

@Bandage, I found these in my underwear drawer earlier, had completely forgotten about them, bought at the marathon expo in 2019.

RUNDERWEAR, no seams whatsoever, actually very comfortable, Iā€™ll have to reincorporate :grinning:

2 Likes

No run this weekend for me, but plenty of runs.

Have been struck down with some bug or another. 5.5km ran this week, my shortest exercise week in over a year

Got out for a reasonably handy paced 10km there. My body isnā€™t right at all, feels very tense or something. I suspect my legs are over compensating to try to protect the hamstring. Each run feels like I havenā€™t ran in months.

Slow right the hell down. Dont do anything quicker than very slow when nursing a niggle. I should also take my own advice

3 Likes

A miserable 5km today, toughest run in a long time.

Pity party going on in here

I drank too much last night and have to go do a fucking run for a gaa program.

Itā€™ll have to be done.

Have you got out for a run yet? Havenā€™t seen anything on Strava.

Went for 2 miles today. Still very sore.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve signed up for a 3 week IMRA challenge. No idea whatā€™s ahead but Iā€™ll post anything useful up here.

1 Like

Ah good stuff. Thatā€™s Paul Tierney and Sarah Mccormackā€™s programme? Two of the best mountain runners to come out of Ireland.

Yep thatā€™s it. No idea what lies ahead but sure Iā€™ll give it a crack. For the sake of a tenner you canā€™t go wrong

:+1: Youā€™re probably an IMRA member now too. Iā€™ve been a member last few years but still havenā€™t made it to a race

Yeah I joined there as part of it. Hope to get to a few races during the summer for the experience as much as anything. Supposed to be very good.