Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Fair fucks. I wonā€™t catch you this year anyway. Iā€™ll hopefully get 350m odd in tomorrow morning

Itā€™s @Fran who you are chasing, he went out in 50.42. I only realised hours after that I was close to his time.

My main aim was to go under 55 and anything better was a bonus. But when I got to the Slade/lighthouse T junction, I had a little over ten minutes to break the 51 minute mark so just tried make sure I got that when it was there. Very much surprised myself with the time. Itā€™s nothing spectacular, but glad I did it.

12 Likes

48:32 today, a minute over my time from earlier in the month, but Iā€™ve been on a steady diet of four cans a night since Tuesday (Paddyā€™s Day really fucks up a week) and I wasnā€™t massively pushing it so Iā€™ll take that.

Had a bit of a bursht towards the end, kms 8 and 9 were a shteady 4:40 pace, so thereā€™s something to build on as we move towards Easter. I was listening to a couple of very enjoyable Data Analytics podcasts Iā€™ve had stored on the watch for months, and these definitely helped distract the mind as I ate tarmac.

10 Likes

How do you store a podcast or book on your watch?

Thereā€™s a Spotify app on the watch, you hook it up to your account and download them. Need to be connected to the phone (Bluetooth) and WiFi to do it. Thereā€™s probably a way to add files manually via Garmin Express if you have them on a PC but I have never done it this way. Your watch is pretty fancy (what model is it again?) so Iā€™d imagine it has all this.

You can add other music/audio book providers other than Spotify to the watch as well, again Garmin Express does all of this.

I wonder can you add borrowbox. Iā€™ll have a look. Iā€™ll need at least two days off work to sort this.

Make sure to wear safety goggles and gloves.

I had a look there, BorrowBox does not show up in the list of Garmin apps and Iā€™m guessing by the name of it BorrowBox (never used it) doesnā€™t allow you download the audiobooks to your PC. You might be goosed on that one.

1 Like

FOGRA

I was off on annual leave for the week so havenā€™t had the laptop open. Updated times listed below. If Iā€™ve missed anyone let me know by reply, @RaymondCrotty have you not got a time in yet? Any time in the colour yellow means that participant is SAFE from relegation and can be considered for promotion to the next grade up.
Please note the extension to this great event to 23:00 on Easter Monday the 5th April.

PS. The senior B grade are having a laugh, get off yere collective arses and get running.

Senior and Senior B

Intermediate and Intermediate B

Junior

3 Likes

Iā€™m running on the hills. Havenā€™t been on the road in a few weeks. Iā€™ll give it one go.

2 Likes

Not yet @Locke.

1 Like

Same as myself. 5000m broken through this morning @caulifloweredneanderthal

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the job :muscle:

Fuckit, I must have missed @Loko_Coveā€™s run.

Now I have to go out and run faster. :weary:

He let me know through Strava, the shnake

1 Like

As per a recommendation from @backinatracksuit a year or so back, Iā€™ve ordered a pair of Bose Soundsport wireless headphones.

Was on the Bose site and they were reduced to ā‚¬125, but did a bit of rooting around and as much as I donā€™t like to give money to them, Amazon (the .de site not the co.uk one) were selling them at ā‚¬80ish. I also ordered a Bose wireless bluetooth speaker job as well, so the Mrs can keep listening to RTƉ Gold.

Iā€™ll report back on the earphones and might even use them for a run or two.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve a pair of Boltune ear pods, have them a while. Work grand.

Something like this?

Thatā€™s exactly the ones. I actually got the blue ones for some reason. Iā€™d have loads of black wires and things around the place so said if I ever dropped the blue ones they be easier to find :man_shrugging:

This running with music thing might be a gamechanger for me. Iā€™ll throw on that LCD Soundsystem run mix (45:33) and run a 45:33 10km.

2 Likes

Sorry guys.

Iā€™ll get out this weekend. Was ripping some concrete up with a kango last weekend and I had some sharp shooting pains in my knee after so gave it a miss.

1 Like