Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

I have a similar set of Sony earphones but find they keep falling out, even on a walk. Maybe I have odd shaped earlobes

Might consider an over the head model

I got wireless ones that have a little wrap around the top of the ears. works well. I found wired ones would just bounce around too much with the cable. Iā€™d say those big ones would be a disaster for running.

1 Like

Ah ladsā€¦ Another 100euro+ accessory.

6 Likes

i got these. they stay right in my ear even with my heavy steps, even though other earphones fall out

True wireless earbuds with fully adjustable ANC | Jabra Elite 85t

1 Like

Iā€™ll be surprised if I use them running much tbh. I just need some decent earphones for doing stuff round the house, even when Iā€™m doing a bit of TRX, or going doing a bit of groceries or whatever.

you cant downhill your way out of the expenses

The Bose sound sport have wing tips which fit snugly into the grooves on the outside of your ear (do they have a name?), they literally cannot fall out, that was the decider for me

2 Likes

Cheers. Sounds like they are the way to go. The aforementioned Sony pair and my other ear buds each have a defective left ear. Iā€™ll start overcompensating if I donā€™t get a new pair.

Iā€™m coming up on a year of using the Aftershockz ones. Theyā€™re absolutely brilliant. Insane battery life as well.

In other news, how can these lads get away with this?

You think gardai in Ballyfermot should be harassing people who take up running?

The mental health card, if properly played, is a trump card to lockdown.

Particularly in an area where people have a low level of respect for the gardai. Any positivity they can bring to that relationship in the area is a good thing. But sure @Mac wants them locked up.

3 Likes

Not at all. Iā€™m jealous of them being able to run with others and want to know how I can copy it.

Sure arenā€™t you running with the lads in the buggy. Is that not enough?

I run with one other most Sundays. Easier social distance on the terrain that we use in fairness.

I saw on Strava a woman I know from home up this way recently mountain biking and running in a gang of four on a day trip up. Iā€™d be outside my 5km going on those routes (which I do). Sheā€™d be outside her 305km.

1 Like

@Locke

18 Likes

Great effort, Ray. How warm was it today?

Started early so late 20s which was not too bad but 90% humidity.

Great going chief. Iā€™d hardly run the length of my body in that heat

1 Like

Great effort, and on a flat track too, fair play.

Updated table in the ultra-competitive Intermediate grade.

@Fran must be scratching his head, looking around his 5km circle for a bigger hill to run down after seeing that time.

1 Like