Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Great time. Interesting to risk it being a top three time when doing more than 10k on your run. You backed yourself :clap:

Impressive to rack up a quick time on that route with feral youths and Deliveroo drivers as obstacles.

Jaysus. 178 average. @Bandage , you must have suffered like a dog. Iā€™m genuinely equally impressed, delighted, and aware this sounds weird and needy.

2 Likes

I appreciate your support, I really do, but Iā€™m getting over-praised here. The time, while good for me, isnā€™t great in the grand scheme of things. That said, Iā€™m satisfied Iā€™m improving but I wouldnā€™t be confident of beating todayā€™s time in the next while anyway. I did put a lot into it from the start and was hanging on at times. As ever, I didnā€™t want to quit and let down my INTERNET comrades though.

6 Likes

You were like a horse in first time blinkers without the underpants today.

1 Like

178 average isnā€™t good, itā€™s epic. Donā€™t knock yourself. Itā€™s not long since you were struggling around 5k in 28 mins.

:grinning:

Did a handy 6k in 32 minsā€¦ Into the little playground near merchant quay, did pull ups, pushups, squats , lunges and ran 1k up hill with legs like jelly to finishā€¦ cā€™maaaaan

1 Like

15k of absolute bliss this morning. #fucktheroads

@caulifloweredneanderthal do those Decathlon shorts hold any small water bottles? Or what do you use?

11 Likes

I saw that on Strava, great run.
You wonā€™t need water for two hours or bless itā€™s very hot, in which case you might as well bring a small bottle with you, you could easily fit a 200ml bottle into the flipbelt

1 Like

I brought a kids 250ml bottle in my hand this morning as it was warm enough setting off and Iā€™d dehydrate fairly easily. Pain in the ass to be carrying it. Must look at that flipbelt Iā€™d say. My asics one mightnā€™t have much life left in it and not big enough for a phone and a small bottle without it jumping all around my back

Lovely way to spend the morning.

1 Like

It really is. Thereā€™s a spot along the route where you can see all the way from Croghan on the Wicklow border to Vinegar Hill. On a really clear day you can apparently see the ferries departing Rosslare, maybe with Binoculars. Absolutely magical.

We need a running accessories list

I stick a 250ml soft flask in front pocket of the Decathlon shorts. You could probably stick another 150/200ml soft flask in back.

Great pace today mate.

That yoke looks too heavy. A hydration vest with pockets for soft flasks much better. Iā€™ve got this one, but there are better , lighter and more expensive ones on the market. Ultimate Direction and Salomon make great race vests

https://www.trekkinn.com/outdoor-mountain/camelbak-ultra-pro/136287033/p

Just on first listen with Bose Soundsport @backinatracksuit.

Iā€™ve worked in audio-based professions in the past so have always taken a keen interest in sound quality. So far the quality on these seems very good, but itā€™s the comfort that is the big plus.

2 Likes

Found it tough going todayā€¦ Quads werent right from 3kā€¦ Felt like there was loads in the tank but couldnā€™t get it into the legs.

I have a cunning plan to smash the time next week.

19 Likes

Iā€™d say that route was nice and windy today

I really like them, Iā€™ve two pairs in the go as I lost one, ordered a new set and the first one showed up,
The fit into the ear grooves is the best you can get Iā€™d say, if you got into a 2 minute fist fight they wouldnā€™t budge,
The sound is very good but they donā€™t make LOUD earphones like they used to, Iā€™d say Iā€™ll be deaf by the time Iā€™m sixty from the abuse I gave the ears for years

2 Likes