Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

My goodness, even seeing a map of Wexford town makes me emotional these days.

I canā€™t stop crying (cc @grapes).

1 Like

With the amount of hair Iā€™m carrying too, probably addedā€¦ 7 or 8 minutes

1 Like

Looks like @Thomas_Brady hacking the navigation system of Ever Given to block the Suez Canal and delay the arrival of vital running supplies has paid off this time

And Dublin bursting at the seams with quality running shops that would have your shoes on your feet within 36 hours,
RunHub has a great selection of running shoes and gear

Itā€™s a waste of time trying to do a time trial in that wind, impossible to get into any sort of rhythm

I checked the websites of about 12 Irish shops before buying my Hoka Torrent. Not a single one of them stocked them in my size. Contacted a few directly - including Run Hub - and none of them were able to get them in. They stopped at size 12, whereas I was getting a 12.5

1 Like

Iā€™ve never heard of an adult using half sizes

I wear a European 48. Thatā€™s normally a 12. Hoka size small so a 48 is a UK 12.5 but US 13 :man_shrugging:

Salomon size the same. A 12 is a 47.3 EU size

I had the same issue for astro boots and opted for a size 13. Need thick socks to cover the shin pads.

13ā€¦ Jaysus.

Iā€™m generally need a 12 but need a larger size for soccer for shinpads and thick socks. The shinpads are a must for a flair player at the mercy of hatchet men.

1 Like

I wear a half size.

Nothing ever uncomplicated with you is there :smiley:

Iā€™d be 11.5 with my runners.

Thereā€™s plenty of other places I can kick you.

Always go up a half a size for running shoes,
In which case we all should have half size shoes for either running or wearing about :man_shrugging:

When I played a bit of Astro I actually wore 12 in a few pairs of Nike and they were fine. Iā€™ve never tried Nike in a running or trail shoe actually.

For trail shoes itā€™s always better to have them slightly too big than snug. If youā€™re going down any kind of steep descent your foot will push forward, and from past experiences if the shoes are too tight your toes will get absolutely beat up.

A lot of people who run long distances (marathons and ultras) would always go half to a full size up as the feet swell. I read a race report from some woman who ran the Kerry Way before (approx 200km) and she went a full two sizes up to allow for the swelling that was going to come, and I thought that was madness.

1 Like

I never bothered with shinpads as I was one of those hatchet men.

2 Likes

Drop of rain out this morning

Sorry - donā€™t know how to spoiler my pins

5 Likes

Skirted the edges of South Armagh this morning @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy. Thought we had gone over border but there was another fence we were to hop over in retrospect

9 Likes