Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

would you not break your ankles going mountains or rough ground on those bad boys?

They have some back bumper on them

They’re trail running shoes so I’d assume they’re designed to reduce that sort of thing

Yeah big wide forefoot too.

I could never figure out that. I’m right footed but always went with my left foot at the front.

Most of our running was on grass tracks where you’d never have blocks so there was always a bit of a buzz when you got the Leinster Championships in Tullamore or the South Leinster Schools in Kilkenny and were on an actual track with blocks. Or a Long Jump pit with a proper even run up to it.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter a jot about style if you’re out in the mountains. They’ll all be brown by the end of the run

Depends on things like lug depth on the shoes as well as the terrain you plan to go down and up them in.

Great days. Near end of my career we had blocks for grass.

The logic of right foot at rear is to do with brain reaction time I think but people will usually have a preference for dominant leg at back.

Your less dominant leg is actually usually stronger muscular wise funnily enough. I’ve no idea why

1 Like

The speedgoat is a very nice looking shoe as well and has great reviews
https://www.hokaoneone.eu/en/ie/men-trail/speedgoat-4/1106525.html

Be like Tony the Tiger in those

9 different colourways.
It’s a nice looking shoe, wouldn’t look too bad if you were out walking the dog etc.

I don’t do enough trail running to justify upgrading my New Balance pair that I’ve had for a couple of years, it’s quite heavy and very stiff.
But I’ve had it in my mind to get a pair of those for ,a while, i do like the Nike pair you put up, I’ll check out the specs and reviews when i have a chance.

They’d look great with the new Limerick jersey @Copper_pipe

I didn’t notice that, thanks

Saw a rake of posts and thought there might be a time posted. I was wrong.

I’ll set up a thread for running gear. It needs one at this stage.

1 Like

Loads of Irish shops stock them as well.

Run Hub in Dublin, Edge in Cork, Gleeson’s and Adrenalin in Limerick, Elverys etc. and probably loads of other places

2 Likes

Amphibian King

@Mac

1 Like

I ordered something from Run Hub yesterday morning and it arrived there this morning. That’s a ridiculous service.

Irish shops have been fantastic for dispatching stuff quickly.

What did you buy?

The much maligned flipbelt and one of the flipbelt water bottles

1 Like

The flipbelt is the job :+1:

I got a new hat and a pair of shorts from ON running,
The hat is lovely, I can’t find the one that I was wearing in @Bartholemew_the_Ladd s profile photo so this is a replacement, it’s like a piece of art

2 Likes