Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Splits and HR tell me you could have gone quicker, you know it :neutral_face:

Left yourself too much to do

1 Like

Nope, not in my current condition. Iā€™ve just getting over three weeks of a sick stomach, so going balls out wasnā€™t an option during that time. My first road run in a while.

1 Like

PS my HR tends to be low. Was giving it welly going up to the mast on the bike yesterday (550 metres up or so) and was only pushing 155ish out of the saddle

1 Like

Ah itā€™s a very good wrong, donā€™t get me wrong.

If it was me looking at that Iā€™d be disappointed that I was able to run the last k 30 seconds or so faster that the first 5.

Good run.

Outstanding @Fat_Pox, Iā€™d say sub 40 is there for you soon enough if you stick with it, what age are you? (If you donā€™t mind me asking :grinning:)

I sprinted the last minute or so. My km pace for the start of my 11th km was 3:03/km :joy::joy:. Hit a few more obstacles going out (road crossings , lights etc.). Coming back was a straight line, and two easy turns. A few pedestrians to negotiate but not badā€¦
It usually takes me a while to get going. I canā€™t go out hard (e.g. 4ā€™40 for me) and hold on for 10.

1 Like

PS so happy with the earphones.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what she saidā€¦

Great time mate. And on a flat course too which is honourable and commendable. Senior B updated, youā€™ll be safe Iā€™d say and running against Fenners for the Half.

This includes scrambling up a motorway embankment, moving a fence and pulling some barbed wire out of a gap and chatting briefly to a neighbor.
Thatā€™s my effort. Iā€™m working tomorrow too early, cycling Friday, hill running Saturday and cycling Sunday.

4 Likes

Glad to hear it, mind the clip like gold, itā€™s a pain in the arse when you lose it, I lost my last one a few days ago.

Strava is saying 50:34 for 10k, you okay with that mate?

What is done is done so I will see how the table looks at end of campaign.

If Iā€™m to be honest lads, I struggled with motivation for this round and was gonna declare myself as a DNS at the start of week but respect the integrity of the competition and felt I had to register some time.

I might do my half marathon off road. Iā€™ll see. When is that for @Locke?

2 Likes

The clip is the job

38 in a fortnight.

Struggled to break 46mins when we did the 10k challenge last Aug/July. I trained properly this time with intervals, fartleg, slow runs. I surprised myself. Iā€™m def going to enter a few races to see can running in a crowd improve me further.

10 Likes

Iā€™ll be passing the baton of administration onto the next person mate, Iā€™m happy to fulfill my one-month contractual obligation but respectfully pass it onto another esteemed colleague on the committee.

cc @Mac

Yep. We actually ran it sub 48 according to the watches šŸ¤·

Careful now, youā€™re only a step or 2 away from the donkey derby in Tramore

1 Like

I would have assumed the next would be 10 miles rather than half? And itā€™s a fair jump up either way so a month might be a bit tight given a lot of lads seem to have some niggles.

Would 10 miles before June bank holiday weekend and half marathon before August bank holiday weekend be fairer? With an auld vertical challenge thrown in for good measure (cc @caulifloweredneanderthal)

7 Likes

All sounds good to me @Mac

Iā€™d go for the full 1000 metres in a single run for the vertical challenge to set a marker.

I think youā€™ll do a great job as administrator.

Check your watch settings. Might be on autopause so if you stop to chat to someone , take a slash or go at an incredibly slow pace for a few seconds, itā€™ll recognise it as you not moving. My bike setting does it. I was going slow cycling up a hill yesterday that it happened. I had to get off the bike to go up this section in the end (basically through forestry and a field) and I was walking faster with the bike than Cycling :joy: